The Mighty is a digital health community created to empower and connect people facing health challenges and disabilities. We are a community of people who care deeply about changing perceptions around disability and illness through sharing stories and experiences among those facing health challenges, their supporters and caregivers. By capturing the power of shared experiences, The Mighty promotes inclusion and acceptance.
As such, we know that a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences enhance our vision. This value is embodied within the diversity of our community offerings and among the colleagues that help enliven our culture. Cultivating an inclusive work environment that values a range of talent and ideas is a top priority for us. We enthusiastically encourage candidates of all backgrounds and abilities to apply. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
The Editorial Director will set the voice, tone and standard for The Mighty’s content operation. This includes: a contributor network of 12,000+ writers, member submissions, a newsletter operation and sponsored content. This position would also work closely with aiding The Mighty’s social media and marketing efforts. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in making an impact in the health space, fostering and creating community and leading a team of passionate individuals who care about the community they serve.
THIS POSITION MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
- YOU THRIVE IN A FAST-PACED ENVIRONMENT and excel at moving through tasks and problem solving independently.
- YOU LOVE TO HAVE YOUR HANDS IN MANY POTS gaining a depth of understanding from teams across the company and taking action.
- YOU ARE DRIVEN BY A SELF-LEARNING, INDEPENDENT ENVIRONMENT.
- YOU ARE CURIOUS TO THE CORE.
- YOU DON’T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF and can maintain a positive attitude and goal-oriented focus in an ever-changing and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- YOU KNOW THAT INTEGRITY MATTERS and exhibit a strong adherence to ethical standards including, but not limited to, the ability to maintain confidentiality and fiduciary responsibility.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Direct The Mighty’s thriving contributor network and sponsored content operation. This includes managing editors, overseeing submissions and working closely with writers and freelancers.
- Take the lead in brainstorming content ideas that use digital storytelling to serve our community and drive growth.
- Use data to make decisions to set the content team up for success.
- Continue fine-tuning The Mighty’s voice, tone and editorial standards to ensure everything we produce is consistent with our values and helpful to the community we serve.
- Work with leaders on all teams to ensure content strategy is in line with the overall direction of the business.
- Work with Revenue Operations team to ensure seamless application of legal and client requirements.
- Drive membership to The Mighty’s platform through the promotion of stories, newsletters, social channels and video.
HOW YOU CAN STAND OUT:
For this role, the ideal candidate has strong leadership and management skills, an eye for powerful storytelling and experience managing editors and/or writers. A strong background in digital media is also a must, as well as 5-7 years of experience in related roles.
You will also stand out if you have:
- Personal experience with health conditions, disabilities or rare diseases.
- Familiarity with the types of stories The Mighty publishes.
- Experience using analytics and data to make results-oriented decisions.
- Knowledge of product and revenue development.
- A strong copy editing and headline writing foundation.
- Passion for supporting people living with different health conditions and disabilities.
- Experience using social channels to achieve growth goals.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]. Competitive salary based on years of experience.