The Mighty is a digital health community created to empower and connect people facing health challenges and disabilities.
We are a community of people who care deeply about changing perceptions around disability and illness through sharing stories and experiences among those facing health challenges, as well as their supporters and caregivers. By capturing the power of shared experiences, The Mighty promotes inclusion and acceptance.
As such, we know that a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences enhance our vision. This value is embodied within the diversity of our community offerings and among the colleagues that help enliven our culture. Cultivating an inclusive work environment that values a range of talent and ideas is a top priority for us. We enthusiastically encourage candidates of all backgrounds and abilities to apply. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Our Senior UX Designer will work closely with engineering, product, and leadership to understand opportunities and problems, devise, create and build solutions that span across The Mighty platform (both our app and web experience).
We are looking for a creative, curious problem solver with strong design and UI skills who takes initiative to simplify complexities and find opportunities to introduce delightful and intuitive experiences. We are seeking an out of the box thinker who will help us build a novel and unique experience that separates itself from many other offerings in the health world that can feel clinical or cold.
In this role, you would report to the Director of Product and this position is exempt.
THIS POSITION MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF
- YOU TAKE INITIATIVE and thrive on anticipating and solving problems that make work easier for everyone
- YOU ARE A GOOD LISTENER that approaches the needs of your colleagues and residents with empathy and a commitment to solving problems
- YOU ARE COMFORTABLE MULTI-TASKING and maintain composure and productivity amongst a large amount of competing priorities and responsibilities
- YOU DON’T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF and can maintain a positive attitude with goal-oriented focus in an ever-changing and sometimes ambiguous environment
- YOU STAY ON TOP OF IT with superior time management and organizational skills that allow you to consistently meet your deadlines and performance goals while balancing competing priorities
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Lead the UX process to create low to high fidelity wireframes, user flows, and designs for our app (native mobile) and website (desktop and mobile web)
- Collaborate with Product to conceive and refine project requirements, user needs, and business needs
- Partner with Engineering to bring designs to life, including refining specs for initial and ongoing implementations
- Leverage prototyping and mocks to work towards getting alignment and buy-in cross functionally
- Build and organize design artifacts (flows, wires, mocks, prototypes, specs, related documentation
- Design experiences and flows that are simple and elegant at feature- and whole app-level
HOW YOU CAN STAND OUT:
For this role, the ideal candidate cares foremost about improving health outcomes for millions of people. Our team is deeply committed to the mission of bettering the lives of people living with health challenges and those who care for them. Everyone at The Mighty works hard daily to build a stronger product for our community and want to build it alongside people who share our same passion.
You will also stand out if you have:
- 5+ years of professional experience designing consumer experiences for app and web (desktop and mobile)
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating your problem solving process ability and work that drives results
- Experience designing consumer health, healthcare, or personal program delivery design
- Proficiency in implementing designs into responsive HTML/SCSS/JS
- Strength in illustration, iconography and visual design
- Experience with motion design/animation work
- Experience planning and conducting user research with usability tests, contextual interviews, and think-alouds
- A history of supporting people living with different health conditions and disabilities.
- Personal experience with health conditions, such as mental health challenges, chronic illnesses, disabilities, or rare diseases
WHAT YOU’LL NEED ON DAY ONE:
- A user-centric design approach, as evidenced by considerations for interaction design, responsiveness, and accessibility
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments with a bias towards shipping and learning, rather than pursuing perfection
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and the ability to prioritize multiple work streams
- Experience building and working with design systems, and ability to extend them to scale products in new and bold directions
- Fluency in Figma design and prototyping
To apply, send your resume (with portfolio link included) and cover letter to [email protected]. Competitive salary based on experience.