GROWTH MANAGER, SOCIAL AND COMMUNITY
The Mighty is a digital health community created to empower and connect people facing health challenges and disabilities. We are a community of people who care deeply about changing perceptions around disability and illness through sharing stories and experiences among those facing health challenges, their supporters and caregivers. By capturing the power of shared experiences, The Mighty promotes inclusion and acceptance.
As such, we know that a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences enhance our vision. This value is embodied within the diversity of our community offerings and among the colleagues that help enliven our culture. Cultivating an inclusive work environment that values a range of talent and ideas is a top priority for us. We enthusiastically encourage candidates of all backgrounds and abilities to apply. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
The Growth Manager, Social and Community will define and execute a social strategy that highlights the amazing people on The Mighty. You’ll envision and bring to life innovative ways that content and community will connect with new members, drive retention, and create brand awareness at scale.
You will directly design and launch paid/organic activity on Facebook. You will also play an important leadership and change-agent role in our ongoing transformation and product evolution. If you dream about using social to drive viral growth loops, this is the position for you.
Success will look like a series of experiments and adaptations designed to improve key metrics. These experiments will help contribute to growth in traffic, conversion and retention. You’ll create innovative ways to surface the amazing content created by community members, which in turn will inspire more people to join and contribute to a people-powered health revolution.
THIS POSITION MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
- YOU THRIVE IN A FAST-PACED ENVIRONMENT and value data-driven experimentation.
- YOU LOVE TO HAVE YOUR HANDS IN MANY POTS because you will wear every hat and work with every team.
- YOU ARE DRIVEN BY A SELF-LEARNING, INDEPENDENT ENVIRONMENT.
- YOU OBSESS ABOUT GROWTH.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE:
We are building an amazing health community at The Mighty, and we need your help to share it with the world. You have a blank canvas to create innovative campaigns that make people aware and excited to learn more about what is happening on the platform. You will be empowered with budget and resources to bring your ideas to life. You will have access to an internal team that can create any asset / copy for campaigns. You will be laser focussed on using social to drive new member acquisition.
You will work closely with marketing, product, data science, customer insights and the revenue team to target specific audiences for various initiatives. You will own member acquisition KPIs.
You’ll live and breathe analytics, and constantly be testing new variants, tactics and audiences. Your responsibilities will include:
- Running experiments on Facebook
- Creating new campaigns from real-time community events
- Creating new campaign formats from existing content
- Proposing, testing, and running various social media campaigns that drive new member acquisition.
HOW YOU CAN STAND OUT:
You wake up dreaming about building better customer experiences. You’ve googled information about your own health challenges or a loved ones, and realized something was missing. You care about improving health for millions of people.
You will also stand out if you have:
- Personal experience with health conditions, disabilities, or rare diseases.
- Familiarity with social acquisition and retention loops.
- Experience with SEO, paid acquisition, or funnel optimization.
- Experience using social channels to achieve growth goals.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED ON DAY ONE:
- 3-5 years of success running social acquisition campaigns.
- Experience building/growing a community platform.
- Strong Google Analytics and data visualization experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Competitive salary based on experience.