The Mighty is a digital health community created to empower and connect people facing health challenges and disabilities.
We are a community of people who care deeply about changing perceptions around disability and illness through sharing stories and experiences among those facing health challenges, as well as their supporters and caregivers. By capturing the power of shared experiences, The Mighty promotes inclusion and acceptance.
As such, we know that a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences enhance our vision. This value is embodied within the diversity of our community offerings and among the colleagues that help enliven our culture. Cultivating an inclusive work environment that values a range of talent and ideas is a top priority for us. We enthusiastically encourage candidates of all backgrounds and abilities to apply. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Our Visual & UX Designer is a key collaborator and will work across a variety of areas from our member platform (both for our web and app experience), to create an array of design assets and content for our community and clients. You will be part of developing the design point of view for The Mighty brand experience through a range of touchpoints including social media assets, content and community visuals, and the development of new features for a delightful user experience. You will utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills.
We are looking for someone who will innovate and create, learn quickly, simplify complexities, and find opportunities to inject warmth and brand personality into a differentiated consumer health experience that separates itself from many other offerings in the health world that can feel clinical or cold.
In this role, you would report to the Director of Product and this position is exempt.
THIS POSITION MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF
- YOU TAKE INITIATIVE and thrive on anticipating and solving problems that make work easier for everyone
- YOU ARE A GOOD LISTENER that approaches the needs of your colleagues and residents with empathy and a commitment to solving problems
- YOU ARE COMFORTABLE MULTI-TASKING and maintain composure and productivity amongst a large amount of competing priorities and responsibilities
- YOU DON’T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF and can maintain a positive attitude with goal-oriented focus in an ever-changing and sometimes ambiguous environment
- YOU STAY ON TOP OF IT with superior time management and organizational skills that allow you to consistently meet your deadlines and performance goals while balancing competing priorities
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Take ambiguous, broad problems and turn them into delightful solutions that will greatly impact our users.
- Employ your full stack of design skills (e.g. interaction, visual, prototyping) to ship experiences people love across all of our platforms (iOS, Android, Web)
- Design and communicate your vision to the team using mock-ups, documentation, and prototypes
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering to strategize and execute on projects that improve the experience for our community, partners and clients
- Design and develop digital marketing campaigns, online advertising, and social content
- Build and organize design artifacts (flows, wires, mocks, prototypes, specs, related documentation)
HOW YOU CAN STAND OUT:
For this role, the ideal candidate cares foremost about improving health outcomes for millions of people. Our team is deeply committed to the mission of bettering the lives of people living with health challenges and those who care for them. Everyone at The Mighty works hard daily to build a stronger product for our community and want to build it alongside people who share our same passion.
You will also stand out if you have:
- 3+ years of professional experience designing consumer experiences for app and web
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating your problem solving process ability and work that drives results
- Strength in illustration, iconography and visual design
- Proven track record of working within a product and engineering team to ship successful products to users a plus
- Experience designing consumer health or for consumer apps is a plus
- Proficiency in implementing designs into responsive HTML/SCSS/JS is a plus
- A history of supporting people living with different health conditions and disabilities a plus
- Personal experience with health conditions, such as mental health challenges, chronic illnesses, disabilities, or rare diseases a plus
WHAT YOU’LL NEED ON DAY ONE:
- A user-centric design approach, as evidenced by considerations for interaction design, responsiveness, and accessibility
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments with a bias towards shipping and learning, rather than pursuing perfection
- Ability to work well on a highly collaborative and cross-functional team
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and the ability to prioritize multiple work streams
- Fluency in Figma design and prototyping
- Fluency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
To apply, send your resume (portfolio required) and cover letter to [email protected]. Competitive salary based on experience.