Las Vegas Tragedy – 5 Things You Can Do
The Mighty shares five ways you can make a difference for those affected by the tragedy in Las Vegas.
Read the full transcript:
If you’re feeling hopeless today, you are not alone.
Here are 5 ways to help after the Las Vegas tragedy:
- Donate Blood.
- Donate Money.
- Whether you live near Las Vegas or not, you can be help by donating to these organizations:
- Go Fund Me Las Vegas Victims’ Fund
- American Red Cross – South NV. Call 702-369-3674.
- National Compassion Fund – nationalcompassionfund.org.
- Dedicate Time as a Certified Trauma Counselor.
- Mandalay Bay Resort is asking for certified crisis counselors to come help victims.
- If you aren’t nearby or a counselor, share resources and numbers that victims and families can use.
- Crisis Text Line – Text “HOME” to 741-741.
- Call your representatives and make your voice heard.
- We need to talk about gun violence. If we don’t find a solution, tragedies like this will continue to happen.
- Be mindful
- The investigation is still underway and many people are hurting.
- Don’t add to the chaos with unverified news or insensitive posts.
And take a break from the news if you feel the need to.
It’s important to keep taking care of your own mental health as well.