Interested in working at The Mighty?
We’re looking for people who are driven to succeed and passionate about making a big impact. Even if these positions aren’t a perfect fit, we’d love to hear from you.
Right now, we are hiring for full-time, part-time, and internship positions.
We’re looking for a jack-of-all-trades video producer who can own the entire video production process from start to finish (including brainstorming, script-writing, filming, editing, encoding, and distribution). If you want to jump into a fast-paced startup environment to produce helpful videos that reach millions of people with an empowering message, this job is for you.
To do this well, you’ll need:
- A genuine interest in the topics we cover (mental health, disability, and other health conditions)
- Experience in end-to-end short-form video production
- The ability to tell compelling stories in less than 5 minutes
- The ability to create shareable video content for social media (especially Facebook, YouTube, & Instagram)
- Expertise in making dynamic videos that pull in media from a variety of sources
- Expertise in the full Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere skills a necessity, After Effects and Illustrator skills a plus)
- Experience in DSLR and/or mirrorless cinematography
- Experience in motion graphics a plus
- Experience living with a disability, illness, or mental health condition a plus
- A learner’s mindset — the social media landscape is always evolving, and you’ll need to stay on top of the latest trends
- The ability to work effectively both independently and on a team (we’re big on teamwork)
This is a full-time position located in our Burbank, CA office (near Los Angeles). If you’d like to apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Video Producer – [your name].
*Please note we are not hiring for this position at this time, but we will send an update in our weekly contributor newsletter as soon as we are.
This is a paid, remote editorial position for members of our community who are interested in editing stories on a part-time, freelance basis.
In this role, you will receive extensive training from our senior editors and will be responsible for editing multiple stories per day from our contributor community.
This position is only open to Mighty contributors. Any job openings are announced in our weekly contributor newsletter. If you’d like to become a contributor, head here.
Summer Social Media Intern
We’re seeking a social media intern to join our team for the summer. The ideal candidate has strong organizational skills and a passion for the dialogue surrounding disease, disability and mental illness. To qualify for this position, you should have experience in new media and social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. In this role, you will work with our editorial and social media teams to engage the Mighty community across social channels and grow The Mighty’s footprint in those areas. If you want to be a part of the team at the largest and fastest-growing health brand on social, this internship is for you.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and scheduling a variety of social media channels
- Distributing multi-format content (video, photo, text) across channels
- Finding compelling/engaging content from non-Mighty sources
- Staying on top of the latest trends in social
- Experimenting with new social strategies
- Updating spreadsheets to track metrics & results over time
This position is available in the Los Angeles and New York City areas. This position can be paid or completed for academic credit. To qualify, you need to be available for at least 20 hours per week. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Social media intern – [your name].
- Assisting The Mighty’s mental health editorial team.
- Mastering AP style
- Mastering The Mighty’s editorial guidelines
- Editing contributor stories
- Writing articles
- Planning and implementing an internship project.
- Editing and framing contributor blog submissions
- Pitching, researching and writing news and op-ed pieces
- Creating “listicles” based on insight from our community
- Planning and implementing an internship project
- Pitching to our video producers
- Assisting in day-to-day editorial operations
Thank you for your interest in The Mighty.