Interested in working at The Mighty?
We’re looking for people who are driven to succeed and passionate about making a big impact. Even if these positions aren’t a perfect fit, we’d like to hear from you.
We’re looking for a talented intern to join our editorial team.
In this role, you’ll work with our group of experienced editors from The New York Times, The Huffington Post and other top publishers. Your main responsibility will be to edit and publish 8-10 personal stories per day from our lovely contributor community (5,500 contributors and counting). You’ll also work with our editors to complete special projects as they come up.
This is an opportunity to get real editorial experience and create stories that help people in a meaningful way.
To excel in this role, you’ll need:
- A collaborative mindset
- Interest in digital media and publishing
- Strong copy editing skills (speed is important)
- Experience working with WordPress or similar platforms
- Genuine interest in the topics we cover (primarily health-related)
- Willingness to learn about a variety of disabilities and diseases
- The ability to community and collaborate with contributors in a professional way
You must be available for at least 3-5 full days per week. We have a preference for interns that can work from our office in Burbank (near LA), but we will also consider exceptional remote applicants.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Editorial Intern – [your name].