Interested in working at The Mighty?
We’re looking for people who are driven to succeed and passionate about making a big impact. Even if these positions aren’t a perfect fit, we’d love to hear from you.
Right now, we are hiring for full-time, part-time, and internship positions.
Social Video Producer
We’re looking for a jack-of-all-trades video producer who can help take our team to the next level. We need someone who can own the entire production process from start to finish (including brainstorming, script-writing, filming, editing, encoding, and distribution), and who isn’t afraid of producing several videos per week for our social media audience of 3.5 million people.
If you want to jump into a fast-paced startup environment to produce helpful videos that reach millions of people with an empowering message, this job is for you.
To do this well, you’ll need:
- Experience in end-to-end short-form video production
- The ability to tell compelling stories in less than 2 minutes
- The ability to create shareable video content for social media (especially Facebook)
- Expertise in making dynamic videos that pull in media from a variety of sources
- Expertise in the full Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere skills a necessity, After Effects and Illustrator skills a plus)
- Experience in DSLR and/or mirrorless cinematography
- Experience in motion graphics a plus
- A genuine interest in the topics we cover (mental health, disability, and other health conditions)
- Experience living with a disability, illness, or mental health condition a plus
- A learner’s mindset — the social media landscape is always evolving, and you’ll need to stay on top of the latest trends
This is a full-time position located in our Burbank office (Los Angeles).
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Social Video Producer – [your name].
*Please note we are not hiring for this position at this time, but we will send an update in our weekly contributor newsletter as soon as we are.
This is a paid, remote editorial position for members of our community who are interested in editing stories on a part-time, freelance basis.
In this role, you will receive extensive training from our senior editors and will be responsible for editing multiple stories per day from our contributor community.
This position is only open to Mighty contributors. Any job openings are announced in our weekly contributor newsletter. If you’d like to become a contributor, head here.
Editorial Operations Intern
In this role, you’ll work with our New York team to coordinate coverage for our news team as well as work on operational initiatives relating to news and lifestyle content. This is an opportunity to get real editorial experience and create stories that help people in a meaningful way.
Over the course of your internship, you will be expected to own several projects relating to The Mighty’s news and lifestyle coverage. During your internship, you will have a few opportunities to write content that will be published on The Mighty in your name (however, this will be secondary to your other responsibilities).
To excel in this role, you’ll need:
- Interest in digital media, publishing and news
- Strong organizational and writing skills
- Great communication skills
- The ability to prioritize and juggle tasks
- Familiarity with social media and an interest in analytics
- Experience working with WordPress or similar platforms
- Genuine interest in the topics we cover (disabilities, chronic conditions and mental illnesses)
- At least 10 to 15 hours per week to dedicate to the position
This is an unpaid internship — you must be able to earn course credit for the internship. Candidates located in or nearby New York City are preferred; however, other east coast candidates will be considered as well. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Editorial Operations Intern – [your name].
Thank you for your interest in The Mighty.