Interested in working at The Mighty?
We’re looking for people who are driven to succeed and passionate about making a big impact. Even if these positions aren’t a perfect fit, we’d like to hear from you.
We’re looking for a talented intern to join our editorial team.
In this role, you’ll work with our group of experienced editors from The New York Times, The Huffington Post and other top publishers. Your main responsibility will be to edit and publish 8-10 personal stories per day from our lovely contributor community (5,500 contributors and counting). You’ll also work with our editors to complete special projects as they come up.
This is an opportunity to get real editorial experience and create stories that help people in a meaningful way.
To excel in this role, you’ll need:
- A collaborative mindset
- Interest in digital media and publishing
- Strong copy editing skills (speed is important)
- Experience working with WordPress or similar platforms
- Genuine interest in the topics we cover (primarily health-related)
- Willingness to learn about a variety of disabilities and diseases
- The ability to community and collaborate with contributors in a professional way
You must be available for at least 3-5 full days per week. We have a preference for interns that can work from our office in Burbank (near LA), but we will also consider exceptional remote applicants.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Editorial Intern – [your name].
Lead Full-Stack Developer
We’re looking for Lead full-stack engineer that has both LAMP and MEAN experience.
- You will help build a development team for fast growing startup.
- You will be responsible for coding and management of other team members.
- You will own the technology decision making process working closely with CEO and VP Product to provide company with foundation built to scale with roadmap and monetization plans.
- Full-time, in-house only.
- Must be comfortable running the entire tech stack, server-side to front-end.
- Own all software development. Current stack is WordPress but need to build outside of WordPress in the near future.
- Identify best of class technological solutions to develop and support social-media, community and communication applications.
- Help build and lead development team. Including overseeing hiring, managing out-sourced developers, and all The Mighty technology (platforms, IT, security).
Job Skills Required:
- Expert in WordPress development. LAMP and MEAN stack experience
- Responsive/Adaptive Web Design. CSS Pre-processors (LESS, SCSS, SASS, Compass, Stylus)
- Build/Dev Tools (Grunt, Gulp, Bower, Yeoman, Modernizer)
- Client Side Routing (Hash & HTML5)
- Familiarity with AWS beyond EC2 and S3 (e.g., Lambda, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, SNS, SQS, Redshift)
- Production deployment experience
- Experience consuming services exposed via RESTful APIs
- Experience with A/B testing, test automation, and other engineering best practices
- Testing automation (Selenium, etc)
- Familiarity with database architecture, warehousing and complex query building
- Proven ability to work independently, lead a software project, and mentor junior software engineers
- Be a great communicator, embrace a collaborative work-style, possess strong leadership skills, and have an ability to write technical documentation
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject Lead Full-Stack Developer – [your name].