Welcome to our Mighty community. We’re so happy you’ve decided to share your story with us.
If you are a returning contributor, click here to go to the MVP.
If you are a first-time contributor, sign up to submit your story here. But first, please read below:
- Take a look at our guidelines for contributing writers.
- Take a look at our monthly blogging prompts (below).
- Include at least one photo with each post. If you’d prefer we use a stock image, let us know.
- If you’d like to submit a video, please follow these instructions.
- Include a brief bio (1-4 sentences) and a photo for your profile. You will be prompted to do this during the sign-up process.
- Include your home address if you’re comfortable with that. (Occasionally we like to send things to our contributors. We won’t share or sell this without your permission.)
- We also accept previously published blog posts. In this case, please include the link as well as the entire story (and let us know that you retain author rights over this story and the ability to publish it elsewhere).
- Send all questions to [email protected].
- If you are already a contributor, please go to the Mighty Voices Portal (MVP) and log in to submit a story.
- Still have questions? Check out our FAQ.
Please note that we do edit stories and their titles for length, clarity and our own editorial guidelines. For example, this might mean your title will be changed or certain language will be removed. If we feel we’ve made significant enough changes or altered your original tone, we’ll run it by you first. We never want to misrepresent your voice or message.
If your story is published on our site, it may be republished in full with your byline on a reputable Mighty partner site, such as The Huffington Post or Yahoo. In this case, a member of our team will notify you upon republication.
Also, unfortunately, we can’t publish every story or blog post that we receive on The Mighty. Please don’t take us turning down a story as us saying your stories don’t have value. We have a small editorial team currently, but we hope to one day have a spot for every story we receive on the site. Your stories have so much value.
August Blogging Prompts
**These are just ideas if you’re looking for some writing inspiration.
We accept submissions within all topics!**
1. What is a photo related to your or a loved one’s condition that you’ve wanted to post publicly but haven’t? What is the story behind it and how does it feel to share it now? NOTE: If you are sharing a photograph of someone else, we will need this person’s permission to post.
2. Write a letter to parents with advice for how to explain your or a loved one’s condition to their children. What should a child know or try to understand about your life, and how could an adult best teach them this?
3. What is a physical symptom you didn’t realize your mental health condition could cause? Describe what it feels like and how you cope with it.
What is a mental symptom you didn’t realize your physical health condition could cause? Describe what it feels like and how you cope with it.
4. Create a list of advice you would give a student with your condition as they enter the school year. Pick any grade!
Create a list with tips for teachers who want to understand how best to help a student like you or your loved one. What can they do to accommodate you and set you up for success?
Thank you for sharing your story with The Mighty!
We’re humbled to have you with us.