Welcome to our Mighty community. We’re so happy you’ve decided to share your story with us. If you are a first-time contributor, sign up to submit your story here. But first, please read below:
- Take a look at our guidelines for contributing writers.
- Take a look at our monthly blogging prompts (below).
- Include at least one photo with each post. If you’d prefer we use a stock image, let us know.
- If you’d like to submit a video, please follow these instructions.
- Include a brief bio (1-4 sentences) and a photo for your profile. You will be prompted to do this during the sign-up process.
- Include your home address if you’re comfortable with that. (Occasionally we like to send things to our contributors. We won’t share or sell this without your permission.)
- We also accept previously published blog posts. In this case, just send us the link.
- Send all questions to [email protected].
- If you are already a contributor, please go to the Mighty Voices Portal (MVP) and log in to submit a story.
- Still have questions? Check out our FAQ.
Please note that we do edit stories and their titles for length, clarity and our own editorial guidelines. For example, this might mean your title will be changed or certain language will be removed. If we feel we’ve made significant enough changes or altered your original tone, we’ll run it by you first. We never want to misrepresent your voice or message.
If your story is published on our site, it may be republished in full with your byline on a reputable Mighty partner site, such as The Huffington Post or Yahoo. In this case, a member of our team will notify you upon republication.
Also, unfortunately, we can’t publish every story or blog post that we receive on The Mighty. Please don’t take us turning down a story as us saying your stories don’t have value. We have a small editorial team currently, but we hope to one day have a spot for every story we receive on the site. Your stories have so much value.
April Blogging Prompts
**These are just ideas if you’re looking for some writing inspiration.
We accept submissions within all topics!**
What is an everyday phrase that perhaps means something different to you as a person with a condition or their loved one? Explain what this word, phrase or sentiment means to you and why.
Share a photo that doesn’t tell the whole story about your or a loved one’s condition. What don’t you see in this photo that you want people to know?
Describe a moment someone sent you a message (in any form) that had a great impact on you (good or bad) in relation to your or a loved one’s condition. Why did this message leave an impression?
List the unexpected consequences of a stage (i.e. diagnosis day, starting medication, going to therapy, starting college, getting married, etc.) in your or a loved one’s journey. How did you handle everything and what advice would you give to others going through something similar? You don’t need to write this in list form if you’d rather talk about one unexpected consequence and go into detail on it!
Thank you for sharing your story with The Mighty!
We’re humbled to have you with us.