Welcome to our Mighty community. We’re so happy you’ve decided to share your story with us.
If you are a returning contributor, click here to go to the MVP.
If you are a first-time contributor, sign up to submit your story here. But first, please read below:
- Take a look at our guidelines for contributing writers.
- Take a look at our monthly blogging prompts (below).
- Include at least one photo with each post. If you’d prefer we use a stock image, let us know.
- If you’d like to submit a video, please follow these instructions.
- Include a brief bio (1-4 sentences) and a photo for your profile. You will be prompted to do this during the sign-up process.
- Include your home address if you’re comfortable with that. (Occasionally we like to send things to our contributors. We won’t share or sell this without your permission.)
- We also accept previously published blog posts. In this case, please include the link as well as the entire story (and let us know that you retain author rights over this story and the ability to publish it elsewhere).
- Send all questions to [email protected].
- If you are already a contributor, please go to the Mighty Voices Portal (MVP) and log in to submit a story.
- Still have questions? Check out our FAQ.
Please note that we do edit stories and their titles for length, clarity and our own editorial guidelines. For example, this might mean your title will be changed or certain language will be removed. If we feel we’ve made significant enough changes or altered your original tone, we’ll run it by you first. We never want to misrepresent your voice or message.
If your story is published on our site, it may be republished in full with your byline on a reputable Mighty partner site, such as The Huffington Post or Yahoo. In this case, a member of our team will notify you upon republication.
Also, unfortunately, we can’t publish every story or blog post that we receive on The Mighty. Please don’t take us turning down a story as us saying your stories don’t have value. We have a small editorial team currently, but we hope to one day have a spot for every story we receive on the site. Your stories have so much value.
July Blogging Prompts
**These are just ideas if you’re looking for some writing inspiration.
We accept submissions within all topics!**
1. So many of our diagnoses are “invisible” or present themselves in ways a doctor or website may not describe. If you’re familiar with this, tell us how your condition is “seen” or how it may present itself in a way that surprises others. This can also be done in list form.
2. Create a metaphor to describe your condition or a symptom of it, so someone completely unfamiliar with it can get a glimpse into your world.
3. Has a TV show or movie scene ever gotten your or a loved one’s condition completely right or wrong? Describe the scene and set the facts straight if they were misrepresented. If the show got it right, give them kudos and explain what this representation means to you.
4. Describe an experience where you were mistreated by someone who was supposed to help you with your diagnosis. How did you react or how do you wish you had reacted, and what would you like to see done to prevent instances like this from happening again?
5. Share a photo of yourself that “reveals” a part of your diagnosis you may not show to the world often. Write what it means to you to show this part of yourself. If you regularly do this, write what you’d tell someone who may be dealing with self-esteem issues because of a condition.
Thank you for sharing your story with The Mighty!
We’re humbled to have you with us.