Welcome to our Mighty community. We’re so happy you’ve decided to share your story with us.
If you are a returning contributor, click here to go to the MVP.
If you are a first-time contributor, sign up to submit your story here. But first, please read below:
- Take a look at our guidelines for contributing writers.
- Take a look at our monthly blogging prompts (below).
- Include at least one photo with each post. If you’d prefer we use a stock image, let us know.
- If you’d like to submit a video, please email it to [email protected]
- Include a brief bio (1-4 sentences) and a photo for your profile. You will be prompted to do this during the sign-up process.
- Include your home address if you’re comfortable with that. (Occasionally we like to send things to our contributors. We won’t share or sell this without your permission.)
- We also accept previously published blog posts. In this case, please include the link as well as the entire story (and let us know that you retain author rights over this story and the ability to publish it elsewhere).
- Send all questions to [email protected].
- If you are already a contributor, please go to the Mighty Voices Portal (MVP) and log in to submit a story.
- Still have questions? Check out our FAQ.
Please note that we do edit stories and their titles for length, clarity and our own editorial guidelines. For example, this might mean your title will be changed or certain language will be removed. If we feel we’ve made significant enough changes or altered your original tone, we’ll run it by you first. We never want to misrepresent your voice or message.
If your story is published on our site, it may be republished in full with your byline on a reputable Mighty partner site, such as MSN or Yahoo.
Also, unfortunately, we can’t publish every story or blog post that we receive on The Mighty. Please don’t take us turning down a story as us saying your stories don’t have value. We have a small editorial team currently, but we hope to one day have a spot for every story we receive on the site. Your stories have so much value.
June Blogging Prompts
**These are just ideas if you’re looking for some writing inspiration.
We accept submissions within all topics!**
1. Has a form of self-care ever actually made you feel uncomfortable? For many of us, self-care can feel a bit unsettling, even though it’s in our best interest! Describe a moment you practiced “uncomfortable self-care.” What was the outcome?
2. Do you have a symptom of your condition you find hard to explain to others? What is the symptom? Now, challenge yourself to find a creative way to explain it — or, describe a moment when you found people’s misconceptions about it frustrating and what you do to combat that.
3. Sometimes, a weird or unlikely “sign” signals to us that we are not doing well. Describe a moment you realized you were not OK, despite coming off as “OK” on the surface. What made you realize you needed to ask for help or take action?
4. Stereotypes exist around almost every condition. What do people think your condition “looks” like, and what does it actually “look” like on you? You may want to include a photo to illustrate your point!
5. June is LGBTQ+ Pride Month. If you are in this community, has being LGBTQ+ affected your healthcare? If so, describe a moment that illustrates this, and tell us why it’s a significant moment for you.
Thank you for sharing your story with The Mighty!
We’re humbled to have you with us.