Welcome to our Mighty community. We’re so happy you’ve decided to share your story with us.
If you are a returning contributor, click here to go to the MVP.
If you are a first-time contributor, sign up to submit your story here. But first, please read below:
- Take a look at our guidelines for contributing writers.
- Take a look at our monthly blogging prompts (below).
- Include at least one photo with each post. If you’d prefer we use a stock image, let us know.
- If you’d like to submit a video, please follow these instructions.
- Include a brief bio (1-4 sentences) and a photo for your profile. You will be prompted to do this during the sign-up process.
- Include your home address if you’re comfortable with that. (Occasionally we like to send things to our contributors. We won’t share or sell this without your permission.)
- We also accept previously published blog posts. In this case, please include the link as well as the entire story (and let us know that you retain author rights over this story and the ability to publish it elsewhere).
- Send all questions to [email protected].
- If you are already a contributor, please go to the Mighty Voices Portal (MVP) and log in to submit a story.
- Still have questions? Check out our FAQ.
Please note that we do edit stories and their titles for length, clarity and our own editorial guidelines. For example, this might mean your title will be changed or certain language will be removed. If we feel we’ve made significant enough changes or altered your original tone, we’ll run it by you first. We never want to misrepresent your voice or message.
If your story is published on our site, it may be republished in full with your byline on a reputable Mighty partner site, such as The Huffington Post or Yahoo.
Also, unfortunately, we can’t publish every story or blog post that we receive on The Mighty. Please don’t take us turning down a story as us saying your stories don’t have value. We have a small editorial team currently, but we hope to one day have a spot for every story we receive on the site. Your stories have so much value.
November Blogging Prompts
**These are just ideas if you’re looking for some writing inspiration.
We accept submissions within all topics!**
1. Create a “survival guide” for taking on the holidays with your or your loved one’s health condition. You can choose a specific holiday or keep it general to the season. What advice would you give someone who finds this time of year challenging due to health?
2. Make a “wish list” of gifts that could really help you or your loved one with a health condition. Don’t view this as being selfish! We get requests from people often asking what gifts to get their friends and family with a condition. Your suggestions may help a lot of people!
3. Write a response to a recent news event or trend, and how it affects you or your loved one with a health condition. For an extra challenge, pick a topic that, on the surface, many wouldn’t think affects your health, but does. Explain its impact on you, or if you have an opinion, voice your take on the issue (respectfully).
4. A rollover from last month (because we were so impressed with your submissions): Describe an emotion you were surprised to feel in relation to your health. What prompted your feeling this way, and how did you respond to it? What would you say to others who feel like you do?
Thank you for sharing your story with The Mighty!
We’re humbled to have you with us.