Welcome to our Mighty community. We’re so happy you’ve decided to share your story with us.
If you are a returning contributor, click here to go to the MVP.
If you are a first-time contributor, sign up to submit your story here. But first, please read below:
- Take a look at our guidelines for contributing writers.
- Take a look at our monthly blogging prompts (below).
- Include at least one photo with each post. If you’d prefer we use a stock image, let us know.
- If you’d like to submit a video, please email it to [email protected]
- Include a brief bio (1-4 sentences) and a photo for your profile. You will be prompted to do this during the sign-up process.
- Include your home address if you’re comfortable with that. (Occasionally we like to send things to our contributors. We won’t share or sell this without your permission.)
- We also accept previously published blog posts. In this case, please include the link as well as the entire story (and let us know that you retain author rights over this story and the ability to publish it elsewhere).
- Send all questions to [email protected].
- If you are already a contributor, please go to the Mighty Voices Portal (MVP) and log in to submit a story.
- Still have questions? Check out our FAQ.
Please note that we do edit stories and their titles for length, clarity and our own editorial guidelines. For example, this might mean your title will be changed or certain language will be removed. If we feel we’ve made significant enough changes or altered your original tone, we’ll run it by you first. We never want to misrepresent your voice or message.
If your story is published on our site, it may be republished in full with your byline on a reputable Mighty partner site, such as The Huffington Post or Yahoo.
Also, unfortunately, we can’t publish every story or blog post that we receive on The Mighty. Please don’t take us turning down a story as us saying your stories don’t have value. We have a small editorial team currently, but we hope to one day have a spot for every story we receive on the site. Your stories have so much value.
April Blogging Prompts
**These are just ideas if you’re looking for some writing inspiration.
We accept submissions within all topics!**
1. How would you explain your condition or a part of your condition — with a drawing? We know you’re writers, but sometimes making a quick and simple visual can help explain complex things. Submit a sketch, graphic, photo — anything visual — along with a post that further explains what others don’t understand about this and why you choose to draw it this way. You do not have to be an artist to try this. In fact, we’d encourage you “non-artists” to join in.
Here are some a great examples:
2. Have you ever gotten a text that was exactly what you needed to hear while dealing with a health condition? What did it say, and why was it meaningful? If you have a screenshot of it, please include it.
3. Is there a part of your condition you deal with that others with your condition, for whatever reason, do not relate with or experience? Tell us about it. (Maybe we can find a reader who’s going through it too!)
4. Spring is here! Many of us love this time of year — others, not so much. How does springtime affect your or your loved one’s condition, for better or for worse?
5. So many of our conditions also affect our mental health. If you relate, describe a moment you realized your mental health was affected by your condition. Why does this moment stick out to you, and, if your mental health is negatively affected, how do you cope?
Thank you for sharing your story with The Mighty!
We’re humbled to have you with us.