Welcome to our Mighty community. We’re so happy you’ve decided to share your story with us. If you are a first-time contributor, send your submission to [email protected] But first, please read below:
- Take a look at our guidelines for contributing writers.
- Include at least one photo with each post. If you’d prefer we use a stock image, let us know.
- Include a brief bio (1-4 sentences) and a photo for your profile.
- Include your home address if you’re comfortable with that. (Occasionally we like to send things to our contributors. We won’t share or sell your information without your permission.)
- We also accept previously published blog posts. In this case, just send us the link.
- Send all stories or questions to [email protected] Include the most relevant category (Mental Health, Chronic Illness, Autism, Down Syndrome, Rare Disease, Disability, or Other) and your story idea in the subject line. Example: “Chronic Illness: 10 Things I Want My Loved Ones to Know About My Crohn’s Disease”
- If you are already a contributor, please go to the Mighty Voices Portal (MVP) and log in to submit a story.
Please note that we do edit stories and their titles for length, clarity and our own editorial guidelines. For example, this might mean your title will be changed or certain language will be removed. If we feel we’ve made significant enough changes or altered your original tone, we’ll run it by you first. We never want to misrepresent your voice or message.
If your story is published on our site, it may be republished in full with your byline on a reputable Mighty partner site, such as The Huffington Post or Yahoo. In this case, a member of our team will notify you upon republication.
Also, unfortunately, we can’t publish every story or blog post that we receive on The Mighty. Please don’t take us turning down a story as us saying your stories don’t have value. We have a small editorial team currently, but we hope to one day have a spot for every story we receive on the site. Your stories have so much value.
October Blogging Prompts
**These are just ideas if you’re looking for some writing inspiration.
We accept submissions within all topics!**
What is the most challenging part of living with your or a loved one’s condition as fall starts and/or around Halloween? Describe a moment you dealt with this and how you got through it.
What was the best or worst reaction you’ve received when you told someone about your or a loved one’s condition? Describe the moment and how you reacted or how you wish you had responded.
Write a letter to a political candidate (can be local government too!) explaining what someone with your or a loved one’s condition hopes they’ll achieve in their position.
Make a playlist! List the songs you listen to on a hard day with your condition. Explain when you would play this playlist and why these songs mean a lot to you.
Thank you for sharing your story with The Mighty! We’re humbled to have you with us.