Welcome to our Mighty community. We’re so happy you’ve decided to share your story with us.
If you are a returning contributor, click here to go to the MVP.
If you are a first-time contributor, sign up to submit your story here. But first, please read below:
- Take a look at our guidelines for contributing writers.
- Take a look at our monthly blogging prompts (below).
- Include at least one photo with each post. If you’d prefer we use a stock image, let us know.
- If you’d like to submit a video, please follow these instructions.
- Include a brief bio (1-4 sentences) and a photo for your profile. You will be prompted to do this during the sign-up process.
- Include your home address if you’re comfortable with that. (Occasionally we like to send things to our contributors. We won’t share or sell this without your permission.)
- We also accept previously published blog posts. In this case, please include the link as well as the entire story (and let us know that you retain author rights over this story and the ability to publish it elsewhere).
- Send all questions to [email protected].
- If you are already a contributor, please go to the Mighty Voices Portal (MVP) and log in to submit a story.
- Still have questions? Check out our FAQ.
Please note that we do edit stories and their titles for length, clarity and our own editorial guidelines. For example, this might mean your title will be changed or certain language will be removed. If we feel we’ve made significant enough changes or altered your original tone, we’ll run it by you first. We never want to misrepresent your voice or message.
If your story is published on our site, it may be republished in full with your byline on a reputable Mighty partner site, such as The Huffington Post or Yahoo. In this case, a member of our team will notify you upon republication.
Also, unfortunately, we can’t publish every story or blog post that we receive on The Mighty. Please don’t take us turning down a story as us saying your stories don’t have value. We have a small editorial team currently, but we hope to one day have a spot for every story we receive on the site. Your stories have so much value.
June Blogging Prompts
**These are just ideas if you’re looking for some writing inspiration.
We accept submissions within all topics!**
1. Does your condition bring on a specific insecurity? Tell us about it by describing a moment you felt this way and how you handled it. How did you learn to overcome this? Or, if it’s still an insecurity, what would you tell others who feel this way too?
2. Write a letter to a public figure or influencer (this person doesn’t have to be “famous” in the classic sense) who has spoken about your or a loved one’s condition. Tell them what you think they got right or wrong (if it’s the latter, please be constructive and respectful).
3. We often read comments in our community about people worrying their condition will prevent them from being in a relationship or finding love, even if that’s not truly the case. What would you say to someone else with your or a loved one’s diagnosis who also feels this way?
4. June is Pride Month, and we’re celebrating our Mighty LGBTQI community! Share a memory you have that remains important to you as an LGBTQI person with a health condition. Why does this memory stick with you and what do you want others to learn from it?
Thank you for sharing your story with The Mighty!
We’re humbled to have you with us.