Welcome to our Mighty community. We’re so happy you’ve decided to share your story with us.
If you are a returning contributor, click here to go to the MVP.
If you are a first-time contributor, sign up to submit your story here. But first, please read below:
- Take a look at our guidelines for contributing writers.
- Take a look at our monthly blogging prompts (below).
- Include at least one photo with each post. If you’d prefer we use a stock image, let us know.
- If you’d like to submit a video, please follow these instructions.
- Include a brief bio (1-4 sentences) and a photo for your profile. You will be prompted to do this during the sign-up process.
- Include your home address if you’re comfortable with that. (Occasionally we like to send things to our contributors. We won’t share or sell this without your permission.)
- We also accept previously published blog posts. In this case, please include the link as well as the entire story (and let us know that you retain author rights over this story and the ability to publish it elsewhere).
- Send all questions to [email protected].
- If you are already a contributor, please go to the Mighty Voices Portal (MVP) and log in to submit a story.
- Still have questions? Check out our FAQ.
Please note that we do edit stories and their titles for length, clarity and our own editorial guidelines. For example, this might mean your title will be changed or certain language will be removed. If we feel we’ve made significant enough changes or altered your original tone, we’ll run it by you first. We never want to misrepresent your voice or message.
If your story is published on our site, it may be republished in full with your byline on a reputable Mighty partner site, such as The Huffington Post or Yahoo.
Also, unfortunately, we can’t publish every story or blog post that we receive on The Mighty. Please don’t take us turning down a story as us saying your stories don’t have value. We have a small editorial team currently, but we hope to one day have a spot for every story we receive on the site. Your stories have so much value.
January Blogging Prompts
**These are just ideas if you’re looking for some writing inspiration.
We accept submissions within all topics!**
1. So often, after years of waiting and researching and more researching, we finally get a diagnosis and then realize the signs were there all along. You may feel regret that you or, more importantly, a doctor didn’t pick up on them. If this is sounds familiar, write about the moment you got your diagnosis and explain the signs that this was there all along. A post like this could help someone still on their diagnostic journey get to their answer more quickly.
2. Do you experience a symptom related to your condition that most with your diagnosis don’t experience? Tell us about the symptom and how it affects your everyday life.
3. Talk about a good moment that happened in your life that probably wouldn’t have if you or a loved one didn’t have the diagnosis you do. Finding the silver linings of health challenges isn’t for everyone, but if you are someone who has found some good from the bad, tell us about that in this post.
4. Describe a movie, book or TV moment that resonated deeply with you because of your life with your or a loved one’s condition. Why did this moment stick out to you?
5. Relationships (both platonic and romantic) are hard even if you are not facing extra challenges. Choose a relationship in your life (from someone you went out with once to a close friend to a life partner, etc.) and describe a moment where your health made that relationship challenging. How did you face that road bump, or what advice would you give to someone going through the same thing?
Thank you for sharing your story with The Mighty!
We’re humbled to have you with us.