Welcome to our Mighty community. We’re so happy you’ve decided to share your story with us. If you are a first-time contributor, sign up to submit your story here. But first, please read below:
- Take a look at our guidelines for contributing writers.
- Take a look at our monthly blogging prompts (below).
- Include at least one photo with each post. If you’d prefer we use a stock image, let us know.
- Include a brief bio (1-4 sentences) and a photo for your profile. You will be prompted to do this during the sign-up process.
- Include your home address if you’re comfortable with that. (Occasionally we like to send things to our contributors. We won’t share or sell your information without your permission.)
- We also accept previously published blog posts. In this case, just send us the link.
- Send all questions to [email protected]
- If you are already a contributor, please go to the Mighty Voices Portal (MVP) and log in to submit a story.
- Still have questions? Check out our FAQ.
Please note that we do edit stories and their titles for length, clarity and our own editorial guidelines. For example, this might mean your title will be changed or certain language will be removed. If we feel we’ve made significant enough changes or altered your original tone, we’ll run it by you first. We never want to misrepresent your voice or message.
If your story is published on our site, it may be republished in full with your byline on a reputable Mighty partner site, such as The Huffington Post or Yahoo. In this case, a member of our team will notify you upon republication.
Also, unfortunately, we can’t publish every story or blog post that we receive on The Mighty. Please don’t take us turning down a story as us saying your stories don’t have value. We have a small editorial team currently, but we hope to one day have a spot for every story we receive on the site. Your stories have so much value.
January Blogging Prompts
**These are just ideas if you’re looking for some writing inspiration.
We accept submissions within all topics!**
Describe what it’s like to go through a day while “hiding” your health challenges. What don’t people see or understand when they look at you?
Recall a moment of kindness related to your health that maybe didn’t seem significant to you at the time, but is important to you now.
Tell us about an experience when someone said something to you that brought a moment of “normalcy” to your life facing a health challenge that you appreciated at the time.
Write about a confrontational moment when someone didn’t understand your or a loved one’s health condition. How did you respond or how do you wish you had responded?
Thank you for sharing your story with The Mighty!
We’re humbled to have you with us.