Welcome to our Mighty community. We’re so happy you’ve decided to share your story with us.
If you are a returning contributor, click here to go to the MVP.
If you are a first-time contributor, sign up to submit your story here. But first, please read below:
- Take a look at our guidelines for contributing writers.
- Take a look at our monthly blogging prompts (below).
- Include at least one photo with each post. If you’d prefer we use a stock image, let us know.
- If you’d like to submit a video, please follow these instructions.
- Include a brief bio (1-4 sentences) and a photo for your profile. You will be prompted to do this during the sign-up process.
- Include your home address if you’re comfortable with that. (Occasionally we like to send things to our contributors. We won’t share or sell this without your permission.)
- We also accept previously published blog posts. In this case, please include the link as well as the entire story (and let us know that you retain author rights over this story and the ability to publish it elsewhere).
- Send all questions to [email protected].
- If you are already a contributor, please go to the Mighty Voices Portal (MVP) and log in to submit a story.
- Still have questions? Check out our FAQ.
Please note that we do edit stories and their titles for length, clarity and our own editorial guidelines. For example, this might mean your title will be changed or certain language will be removed. If we feel we’ve made significant enough changes or altered your original tone, we’ll run it by you first. We never want to misrepresent your voice or message.
If your story is published on our site, it may be republished in full with your byline on a reputable Mighty partner site, such as The Huffington Post or Yahoo.
Also, unfortunately, we can’t publish every story or blog post that we receive on The Mighty. Please don’t take us turning down a story as us saying your stories don’t have value. We have a small editorial team currently, but we hope to one day have a spot for every story we receive on the site. Your stories have so much value.
September Blogging Prompts
**These are just ideas if you’re looking for some writing inspiration.
We accept submissions within all topics!**
1. Describe a moment when your condition either positively or negatively affected an important relationship (does not have to be romantic!). How did you handle this or how do you wish you had handled this? What do you want that other person to understand? Note: Please consider the privacy of individuals mentioned in these submissions. If you are discussing a negative instance, make sure your story is still constructive.
2. Share a photo you would want to show someone who, upon hearing of your or a loved one’s condition, offered pity or assumed your life is sad. What is the story behind this photo, and what would you tell someone who feels sorry for you? If you don’t have a photo, instead describe a moment where you faced this kind of pity and what you’d like to say to that person.
3. What is one thing related to your health you find yourself apologizing for, even when you know it’s out of your control? Write a note you can read back to yourself when you need a moment of empowerment or to remind yourself you don’t have to apologize.
4. Does your or a loved one’s health condition affect your mental health? Describe a moment you realized your mental health was affected and how you are trying to manage this.
5. What was a question you wish you had known to ask when you or a loved one was first diagnosed? Have you learned the answer to it since? Share this with us, along with a short list of questions you’d recommend asking to someone newly diagnosed.
Thank you for sharing your story with The Mighty!
We’re humbled to have you with us.