- the www.themighty.com website and any other website that we own or control and to which this Cookie Notice is posted (collectively, the “Sites”); and
- our mobile app (“App”).
What are cookies and similar technologies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies serve different purposes, like helping us understand how a site is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving your browsing experience. Software development kits (“SDKs”) are software packages that are used to measure performance of our App and enable analytics, as well as functionality such as email login, newsletter subscription and linking to our content.
Our Sites may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them). We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us, which we use to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Sites; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers or business partners on our Sites, and can be used by these parties to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites. Third party cookies can be used for a variety of purposes, including site analytics, advertising and social media features.
What types of cookies and similar technologies are used on our Sites and App?
|Type||Description||Who serves the cookies or similar technologies?||What is the purpose of the cookies or similar technologies?|
|Strictly Necessary||These cookies are necessary for the Sites to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. Without them you would not be able to use our basic services (e.g., logging into the Sites, setting privacy preferences, filling out forms).You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the Sites will not work.|
Cookie compliance solution that stores information about the categories of cookies the Sites use and tracks whether visitors have given or withdrawn consent for the use of each category of cookie. This enables site owners to implement the user's cookie preferences.
These cookies are used to securely log in to the Sites with a Google account.
This cookie is used to securely log in to the Sites with email and also manages newsletter subscriptions.
These cookies store the Wordpress session which authenticates users logging into the Sites or the App and allows users to stay logged in.
|Performance||These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Sites. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Sites. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our Sites, and will not be able to monitor its performance.|
These cookies are used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in the Sites and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the Sites’ analytics reports.
These cookies are set by Amplitude Analytics, which helps to better understand how the Sites are used.
This SDK is used to enable behavioral analytics to measure and improve engagement on the Sites and App.
This SDK is used to measure and improve engagement on the App as well as identify App crashes that occur, which can be used to fix errors and improve App performance.
This is a general purpose platform session cookie, used by sites written in JSP. It is used to maintain an anonymous user session by the server.
|Functional||These cookies enable the Sites to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.|
The correlation_key cookie supports the functionality of events.themighty.com which allows members to sign up for virtual Mighty events. The ajs cookies support use, service performance, and functionality of the Sites.
These cookies are associated with embedding the Spotify audio player.
This SDK is used to enable deep links, which allow for the App to open links to different forms of Mighty content within the platform. The SDK also enables Mighty links to open up in the App instead of defaulting to a mobile web browser.
These cookies are associated with embedding TikTok videos.
These cookies are associated with embedding YouTube videos.
This is an Instagram cookie that enables social media functionality within the Sites.
|Targeting||These cookies may be set through our Sites by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other Sites based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.|
These cookies help track visitor usage, events, target marketing, and can also measure application performance and stability on the Sites.
These cookies are associated with the DoubleClick for Publishers service from Google. Its purpose is to deliver adverts on the Sites Google also leverages cookies to determine what ads have been shown to the Sites’ visitors.
Insight Express AI
This cookie is associated with the Demandware eCommerce platform. When functioning as a session cookie, it checks whether or not the browser accepts first party cookies on the Sites.
This cookie provides a uniquely assigned, machine-generated user ID and gathers data about activity on the Sites. This data may be sent to a 3rd party for analysis and reporting.
This cookie is set by TikTok and stores if the user has seen embedded TikTok content on the Sites.
This cookie is set by Youtube to track user preferences for Youtube videos embedded in the Sites; it can also determine whether the Sites’ visitors are using the new or old version of the Youtube interface.
This domain is owned by Twitter. Where Twitter acts as a third party host, it collects data through a range of plug-ins and integrations that is primarily used for tracking and targeting.
Your options for controlling what information cookies and similar technologies collect about you include:
- Use the cookie preference manager. You can toggle off and on different advertising, analytics, functionality/performance, and social cookies and trackers using the Sites’ cookie preference manager.
- Global Privacy Control (GPC). You can broadcast the Global Privacy Control (GPC) to opt-out for each participating browser system that you use. Learn more at the Global Privacy Control website. Learn more at the Global Privacy Control website.
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Sites may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Sites. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Sites.
- Third party opt-out option. You can opt-out of interest-based advertising through some of the third parties listed under the “Targeting” category in the chart above by using the corresponding third party opt-out tools they make available online.
- Industry association opt-outs. You may opt out of receiving interest-based advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. You may opt out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile apps through participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app, available here, and selecting the user’s choices. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms linked above.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
California “Do Not Share My Personal Information” Notice
Like many companies, we use services that help deliver interest-based ads to you, such as the services associated with the targeting cookies listed above. Our use of these services may constitute a “share” of your Personal Information for purposes of the CCPA (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act) because the advertising partners that provide the services collect information from our users (e.g., the device data and online activity data described above) to help them serve ads more likely to interest you. See our cookie preference manager to opt out of the use of your information for interest- based advertising (toggle off the “Toggle” categories to do so).
Information about the cookies we use may be updated from time to time, so please check back on a regular basis for any changes.
If you have any questions about this Cookie Notice, please contact us by email at email@example.com.