Welcome to our Mighty community. We’re so happy you’ve decided to share your story with us. To submit a story, please do the following:
- Take a look at our guidelines for contributing writers.
- Include at least one photo with each post. If you’d prefer we use a stock image, let us know.
- Include a brief bio (1-4 sentences) and a photo for your profile.
- Include your home address if you’re comfortable with that. (Occasionally we like to send things to our contributors. We won’t share or sell your information without your permission.)
- We also accept previously published blog posts. In this case, just send us the link.
- Send all stories or questions to [email protected] Include the most relevant category (Mental Health, Chronic Illness, Autism, Down Syndrome, Rare Disease, Disability, or Other) and your story idea in the subject line. Example: “Chronic Illness: 10 Things I Want My Loved Ones to Know About My Crohn’s Disease”
- If you are already a contributor, please use your MVP log in information to submit a story.
Please note that we do edit stories and their titles for length, clarity and our own editorial guidelines. For example, this might mean your title will be changed or certain language will be removed. If we feel we’ve made significant enough changes or altered your original tone, we’ll run it by you first. We never want to misrepresent your voice or message.
If your story is published on our site, it may be republished in full with your byline on a reputable Mighty partner site, such as The Huffington Post or Yahoo. In this case, a member of our team will notify you upon republication.
Also, unfortunately, we can’t publish every story or blog post that we receive on The Mighty. Please don’t take us turning down a story as us saying your stories don’t have value. We have a small editorial team currently, but we hope to one day have a spot for every story we receive on the site. Your stories have so much value.
July Blogging Prompts
**These are just ideas if you’re looking for some writing inspiration.
We accept submissions within all topics!**
What’s a part of your condition you live with every day that others might not see? Explain what that experience feels like.
Describe a moment at work that was either incredibly challenging or where you faced adversity. Tell us how you handled it or wish you had handled it. If you are unable to work, tell us one thing you wish others understood about your situation.
Are you part of a minority community and have a disability, disease or mental illness? Share your experiences as someone with your condition in your racial, ethnic or cultural group.
What is a barrier in everyday life that makes having a diagnosis more challenging than it should be? Tell us a solution.
Thank you for sharing your story with The Mighty! We’re humbled to have you with us.