Explore Our Newsletters
What's New in #52SmallThings: A Weekly Self-Care Challenge
All
Stories
Latest
Trending

Share your top 3 cleaning hacks.

Who doesn’t love a good hack?

Whether it’s a tool you’ve bought to make the process more accessible, a method you’ve learned that makes the process quicker and easier, or a routine or schedule that makes cleaning gentler on your health symptoms, share what your top three cleaning hacks are in the comments below! :⬇️

Mighty staffer @xokat's favorite hack is very simple: Never move to another room in the house without taking something with you. Headed to bed? Be sure to grab the pair of slippers by the couch. Leaving the bathroom? Take your cup to the kitchen sink. It really helps her to curb the clutter and mess throughout the day!

#52SmallThings #MentalHealth #Anxiety #Depression #selfcare #ChronicPain #ChronicIllness #RareDisease #Disability #Caregiving #Cancer #ADHD #Grief #Autism

21 reactions 10 comments
Poll

Choose one
28 days left
I'm definitely a solo cleaner
It depends on the task, but I like to divide and conquer
I only accept help from specific people
I struggle to clean, I'll take any help I can get
I hire someone to clean and tidy up
20 reactions4 comments

What area of your living space is the hardest for you to keep clean? The easiest?

It’s definitely not outlandish to say that there are certain parts of our homes that are easy to clean, and other parts that can’t stay tidy no matter what we do (or don’t).

From the kitchen to the bathroom, from a desk area to even that small corner in a bedroom or basement where everything just seems to pile up, there’s always a place (or three) that are easier to maintain than others!

What are those areas for you?

#52SmallThings #CheckInWithMe #MentalHealth #Anxiety #Depression #ChronicPain #ChronicIllness #RareDisease #Disability #Caregiving #Grief #Autism #ADHD #Trauma #Cancer

85 reactions 37 comments

TRUE or FALSE: Having a clean space helps my mental health.

The places we frequent and hang out in — especially for those of us who spend a lot of time at home — can directly influence how we feel about ourselves. From a space’s accessibility, to the amount of clutter and how clean the environment is, all of those factors impact us not only physically, but mentally as well.

What are your thoughts? How does the cleanliness of your environment impact your mental health? Do you find a clean space to be helpful for you or does the pressure to keep things tidy negatively impact your mindset?

#CheckInWithMe #MentalHealth #52SmallThings #Anxiety #Depression #ChronicPain #ChronicIllness #Caregiving #RareDisease #Disability #Cancer #Grief #Autism #ADHD

82 reactions 44 comments

How does your health impact how frequently (or infrequently) you clean?

Hi, Mighties!

This week our self-care challenge topic is all about cleaning. Yup, that recurring responsibility we know all too well. 😬

When it comes to tidying and de-griming, we may find that our health conditions impact how and when we approach and tackle certain tasks — which is totally normal by the way, no judgment here!

For example, disabilities can make it hard to dust certain shelves, chronic fatigue can make untangling the vacuum an Olympic sport, or depression can turn us apathetic and numb to our surroundings.

What’s your relationship to cleaning and health?

#52SmallThings #MentalHealth #Anxiety #Depression #ChronicPain #ChronicIllness #Disability #RareDisease #ChronicFatigue #Caregiving #Cancer #Trauma #Fibromyalgia #Migraine #BipolarDisorder #CheerMeOn

135 reactions 39 comments

Where do you go when you need to think or reflect?

When it comes time to sit with yourself and think through whatever is on your mind — both the good and bad — it can be helpful to find a place that helps you center yourself and process your thoughts.

Whether it’s your bedroom, a walk (or roll!) in a nearby park, your local cafe, or a therapist’s office, where do you go when you need a moment to pause and reflect?

#52SmallThings #ChronicPain #ChronicIllness #MentalHealth #Anxiety #Depression #Therapy #RareDisease #Grief #Disability #Caregiving #Cancer #Autism #CheckInWithMe

78 reactions 26 comments

Reframe a thought with us.

Let’s practice reframing a thought today, Mighty friends!

When you reframe or shift a thought, you’re simply changing your perspective in order to understand something in a new and different way.

Let’s try it out using these two steps:

1️⃣ Write down one thing your anxiety tells you.

2️⃣ Now, write down the opposite.

Mighty staffer @xokat reframed this thought:

1️⃣ I feel like I have no purpose.

2️⃣ It’s OK to take a breath and readjust your sails.

Reframe your own thought in the comments below! 👇

#MentalHealth #CheckInWithMe #MentalHealth #Anxiety #Depression #52SmallThings #ChronicPain #ChronicPain #ChronicIllness #RareDisease #Disability #Grief #Caregiving #Autism

65 reactions 18 comments
Poll

Each worldview is dominated by a specific perspective that guides an individual’s outlook on life. Which one do you relate to most?

Choose one
20 days left
🌞 Optimist: I focus on the positive in life
☔️ Pessimist: I tend to expect the worst, am overly cautious
🤝 Realist: I see both the positive/negative. I’m practical.
48 reactions15 comments