We Want to Hear Your Messages to Someone You Love With a Mental Illness
If you or your loved one is affected by mental illness, The Mighty and Bring Change 2 Mind want to hear your response to this question: What’s one thing you want someone with a mental illness who’s going through a hard time to know? Send us your video response, and it might be used in a video for The Mighty! Here’s a summary of our video on tips for filming your response:
- When using a cellphone, hold it horizontally with two hands. Don’t hold it vertically or with one hand.
- If using a video camera, be sure it is on a tripod or held by another person with both hands.
- Try to answer the question in 5 – 15 seconds.
- Use plenty of natural light. If inside, have your face towards the window. You don’t want the sun or a window behind you — it creates a silhouette and we won’t be able to see you.
- Record in a quiet place.
- Speak clearly & concisely. Be sure your hand is not over the microphone. Play through the video before submitting to make sure you can hear yourself.
Please submit your video to [email protected] by November 30th. We want video messages from loved ones of people with mental illness and people with mental illness sending words of encouragement to someone with a mental illness who’s going through a hard time. Please note: Every clip cannot be included in what is published. However, every response will be used internally, to help make our approach to mental health coverage as informed & supportive as it can be.