10 Things I Should Tell My Friends About My Depression
1. I wish I could tell you it isn’t your fault. I don’t call, I don’t text, I don’t talk. But I want you to know it has nothing to do with you.
2. Your support has meant everything to me. I wouldn’t be fighting this battle if I didn’t have you. You were here in the worst time of my life, and I don’t know how I will every repay you.
3. I often think of the good times we shared when the disease hadn’t taken over me. Every single day, I wish we could go back.
4. My strength had dwindled, but now I can see the light only because you lent me your own strength. I promise I will get better.
5. When you talk about your life, it keeps me going. I don’t want to let you down.
6. I think of you every day.
7. You have loved me when I hated every fiber of my own being. It has helped me to learn to love myself.
8. I hope you can forgive me for the times we fought. I was upset because I thought you were slipping away and I couldn’t deal with the thought.
9. Every letter, every card I have sent you is more than just that. I know I don’t talk about this illness, but when I send you these notes, I express my pain and happiness.
10. I love you more than you’ll ever know.
Lead photo source: Thinkstock Images