20 Memes That Perfectly Describe the 'Embarrassing' Symptoms of Depression
When you live with depression, sometimes you experience symptoms you would rather not share with others. Maybe you can’t remember the last time you showered, and dry shampoo just isn’t covering it up anymore. Maybe your once-satisfying sex life has taken a hit, and you can’t enjoy physical intimacy. Or maybe your emotions feel out of your control, and you can’t stop them from coming out in the “wrong” way at the “wrong” time.
No matter what your experience of “embarrassing” depression symptoms looks like, we want you to know you aren’t alone. And what better way to let you know you aren’t the only one struggling than to share some relatable depression memes? With suggestions from our Mighty community, we rounded up some memes that perfectly describe some “embarrassing,” but oh so common symptoms of depression.
Before we begin, we want to preface by saying that feelings of embarrassment are very real, and like all feelings, are completely valid. But even though it’s natural to feel embarrassed sometimes, we want you to know it’s more than OK not to be OK and there is no shame in struggling with depression.
2. Not Showering
3. Low Sex Drive
4. Being Unable to Predict Your Next Episode
5. Not Eating a Balanced Diet
6. Not Cleaning
7. Feeling Emotional “Extremes”
8. Trouble Concentrating
9. Wasting Time
10. Taking Frequent Naps
12. “Flaking” on Social Plans
13. Being Closed Off Emotionally
14. Being Unable to Leave the House
15. Pushing Friends Away
18. Feeling Unable to Control Your Emotions
19. Being Depressed When You “Should” Be Happy
20. Still Feeling Down After Using Your Positive Coping Strategies
Can you relate?