How Being a Mighty Community Leader Helps With My Cerebral Palsy
Back in July, I got the opportunity to become a community leader for The Mighty. In many ways being a community leader has helped me cope with my cerebral palsy and the constant, every day challenges that I face on a day-to-day basis.
Here are some ways being a community leader has helped me with my cerebral palsy:
1. Being a community leader gives a reason to keep going.
There are some days where I don’t feel like getting out of bed, but being a community leader gives me the strength I need to keep going.
2. Being a Community leader has allowed me to express my feelings more freely.
Before becoming a community leader I had a hard time expressing my thoughts about my cerebral palsy fully without feeling like people would judge me, but now that I’ve become a community leader I’m able to express myself freely without being so worried.
3. Being a Community leader has given me a reason to smile.
Every day as I log onto The Mighty, I smile at the community and what it has to offer and I forgot about all the struggles I was facing and say to myself “today is going to be a great day.”
4. Being a community leader has given me the courage to share my story with the world.
Before finding The Mighty platform and being a community leader I had a tough time sharing my story at times, but now I’m more comfortable with sharing my story.
5. Being a community leader has allowed me to discuss my cerebral palsy with my family.
Being a community leader has allowed me to discuss my emotions about my cerebral palsy with my family more openly without having to worry about them not understanding.
6. Being a community leader has allowed me to be confident within my self to achieve my goals.
Before being a community leader for The Mighty I struggled with having confidence within myself to achieve my goals. Ever since I joined The Mighty community, I have gained the confidence I needed to be the best that I could be and achieve my goals to the best of my abilities.
7. Being a community leader reminds that I’m not alone in my journey.
Before being a community leader I used to feel like I had no one to talk to about my cerebral palsy with. But since I have joined The Mighty and become a community leader, I have realized that I’m not alone in my journey and I can overcome anything.
Ultimately being a community leader changed my life and I’m forever grateful for The Mighty and it platform.
How has The Mighty impacted your life? Tell us in the comments.
Photo submitted by contributor.