A writer lists the 10 biggest lies OCD tells you and why you shouldn’t believe them.
The 10 Biggest Lies OCD Tells You
- I have to do rituals to feel safe or keep others safe.
- This anxiety will last forever.
- I have to do rituals if I want to feel less anxious.
- My thoughts make me dangerous.
- Just do the ritual one more time. It’s better than trying to resist.
- I shouldn’t tell people about my thoughts.
- There is a high probability something bad will happen.
- I should be able to control my thoughts.
- If something bad does happen, I won’t be able to cope.
- I need certainty.
For whatever lies OCD tells you, there is hope and there is help.
Understanding the lies can be the first step.
Based on a piece by Morgan Rondinelli