Dove Recalls Holiday Chocolate Because of Unlisted Allergens


On Friday, Mars Chocolate North America issued a voluntary recall of Dove’s seasonal “Chocolate Assortment Snowflakes” candies after a customer found a piece of a Snickers in one of the assortment bags.

The recall affects an estimated 6,700 cases of the product. The 24 oz. bags were sold in Walmarts in 35 states in the U.S. between Sept. 19 and Dec. 1, according to ABC.

“People who have allergies to peanuts, wheat and/or eggs have the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products,” the company said in a statement. “We are fully cooperating with the FDA on this matter. Food safety and product quality are of paramount importance to Mars, and we are committed to the highest standards for all of our products.”

According to ABC, no injuries or reactions have been reported at this time.


Find this story helpful? Share it with someone you care about.


Related to Other

Hotel to Open First Program of Its Kind in the U.S. for People With Disabilities

Make a plan to stay at this soon-to-be open hotel. The Courtyard Muncie at Horizon Convention Center in Muncie, Indiana, will open with a ribbon cutting ceremony on Tuesday, Dec. 22. The hotel, developed by The Arc of Indiana, will provide essential job training for people with disabilities. Its program is the first of its kind [...]

I Shouldn’t Have to Work on Christmas Just Because I Don’t Have Kids

A co-worker went on a rant on Facebook, complaining that she has to work on Christmas despite being with her company for 15 years. This led into a rant that basically translated to, “If you don’t have kids, you should work on Christmas for those who have them.” Well, that just stabbed me in the [...]

14 Perfectly Imperfect Holiday Photos From Our Mighty Community

The holidays are just around the corner, and whether your kids are sitting in Santa’s lap or you’re attending a party, odds are plenty of pictures will be snapped over next few weeks. Many of our readers have told us how difficult it is to get that “perfect” or “classic” holiday photo of their special needs family. [...]

Mom Who Lost Son Days Before Christmas Wants Other Parents to Do This

Arlene Clark lost her son Jack exactly three years ago this week, just six days before his birthday, which fell on Christmas day. Jack passed away from sudden complications from an adenovirus, which attacked his heart and caused severe brain damage. A year after losing her son, Clark, from Renfrew, Scotland, started the organization Brightest Star, [...]