20 Inspirational Quotes to Help You Get Through Eating Disorder Recovery
Inspirational quotes can be really helpful in getting through tough times and inspiring positive action. Recovery from an eating disorder can bring many tough days and individuals in recovery often keep a list of quotes handy for encouragement when things get hard. We asked our Project HEAL community to share a quote that gets them through dark times.
Here’s what they shared with us:
1. “All you need are hope and strength. Hope that it will get better and strength to hold on until it does.” — Hannah G.
2. “I am more than my size!” — Joanne S.
3. “Once you choose hope, anything is possible.” — Kristina Z.
4. “Recovery is not a straight line. Be gentle with yourself.” — Cait N.
5. “I am the master of my fate … I am the captain of my soul.” — Carey B.
6. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.'” — Kelley B.
7. “With great pain comes great strength.” — Lea M.
8. “Only puppies should fear pounds.” — Clarice B.
9. “Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?” — Becca H.
10. “Let your faith be bigger than your fear.” — Maren Z.
11. “It’s just a bad day, not a bad life. In the end, everything is gonna be alright.” — Lucia A.
12. “Enjoy your body, use it every way you can. Don’t be afraid of it or what other people think of it, it’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own.” — Rebecca P.
13. “You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” — Megan K.
14. “You are Enough. Right here. In this moment.” — Rebekah W.
15. “Have courage and be kind.” — Rachel T.
16. “This is my body, my only body. I give my body love, respect and gratitude.” — Elysa R.
17. “In any given moment we have two options: to step forward into growth or to step back into safety.” — Anita J.
18. “Self-love, self-respect, self-worth….there is a reason they all start with ‘self.’ You cannot find them in anyone else.” — Liz P.
19. “You didn’t come this far to only come this far.” — Sandra D.
20. “Just keep swimming.” — Holly Z.
We want to hear your story. Become a Mighty contributor here.
Thinkstock photo via Grandfailure.