5 Quotes That Help Me When Negative Thoughts Consume Me
Sometimes we allow our negative thoughts to consume us and they becomes the loudest voices in the room. We are so tough on ourselves and convince ourselves that we are unworthy and don’t actually deserve happiness. We allow ourselves to think we are less of a person because we have a mental illness and no one could truly love us.
On the days I feel like this, I give myself a little reminder that I am enough by reading some motivational quotes. Here are five of my favorites:
1. “You are enough. You are so enough. It is unbelievable how enough you are.” — Sierra Boggess
2. “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, its not for them.” — Joubert Botha
3. “Remember you were given this life because you’re strong enough to live it.” — Ain Eineziz
4. “You’re not you’re illness, you have a name, a history, a personality. Staying yourself is the battle.” — Julian Seifter
5. “Don’t wait until you have reached your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud of every step you take toward reaching that goal.” — Unknown
On the days you are struggling, remind yourself you are worth more than you think and you are stronger than you feel. Sometimes, a simple quote can give us just a glimmer of hope for better days to come.
We want to hear your story. Become a Mighty contributor here.
Thinkstock photo via ipopba