10 Relatable Mental Health Memes If New Year's Resolutions Aren't for You
When you’re struggling with a mental illness, New Year’s resolutions often feel overrated. It can be daunting to set a goal for the whole year when you’re just trying to get through one day or one moment at a time. And when we’re struggling, the last thing we need is another expectation, or another thing to worry about.
So for anyone who’s struggling with their mental health and protesting resolutions — we hear you. You’re doing the best you can every day, and no “new year” will magically make everything go away, despite what the hype wants you to believe. So whether you’re ditching making a resolution entirely, or trying to create a more realistic goal, these anti-New Year’s resolution memes are for you.
1. When people tell you to “just look on the bright side” because it’s a new year.
2. When you realize you’re setting yourself up for failure, but embrace it and hope for the best.
3. When you’re no longer fooled by “New Year, new me,” but others haven’t caught on.
4. When you have to adjust your self-care goals, because taking care of yourself is an uphill battle anyway.
5. When you have to be realistic because recovery isn’t linear.