If You're Searching for a Diagnosis, These 15 Memes Might Make You LOL
There are few things more frustrating and stressful than being stuck in diagnosis limbo. Even though the symptoms you’re experiencing are very real, it can be discouraging and invalidating to see test after test come back negative, and have doctor after doctor tell you they can’t find a reason for any of your issues. For those with mostly invisible illnesses, it can be especially difficult to get others to believe in the severity of your symptoms when you may look like the picture of health.
Though the process of searching for a diagnosis can be incredibly long and tedious, having an undiagnosed chronic illness can give rise to some pretty ridiculous and amusing scenarios. (After 22 years of being sick yet undiagnosed, when people ask about my health, I just laugh – because where and how do I even beginto explain that mess?!)
If humor helps you cope with the stresses of diagnosis-hunting, you may enjoy the following memes.
1. When you’re not sure if you really want a diagnosis:
2. When you’re “perfectly healthy!” according to your lab results:
3. When you start consulting Dr. Google:
4. When people don’t understand the struggles of being undiagnosed:
5. When the doctors can’t find a diagnosis, so maybe you get to create one…?
6. When people don’t take you seriously without a diagnosis:
7. When your family doesn’t understand why you’re excited about your diagnosis:
8. When you’re in diagnosis limbo:
9. When the doctor can’t find a diagnosis so you must be making it all up:
10. When your body is truly a mystery:
11. When you explain your symptoms but your doctor is at a loss:
12. When the tests start getting really complicated:
13. When you’re actually disappointed by negative test results:
14. When it feels like everyone has ideas except your doctor:
15. When people ask what’s going on with your health: