If Your Illness Causes Facial Flushing, These 13 Memes Are for You
Most people might experience facial flushing as a result of emotions, temperature, exercise or alcohol. But facial flushing can also be a symptom of some chronic conditions, or even a side effect of medication. When it happens, your cheeks, face or neck may become red and hot due to increased blood flow to the area. Although flushing is not always painful, it can be uncomfortable and cause you to feel overheated. In some cases, it can even make social interactions a bit awkward when people don’t understand why you’re so red and make false assumptions.
Facial flushing is nothing to be embarrassed about, but if you struggle with physical and/or social discomfort because of it, know you’re not alone. If laughing with other chronic warriors who “get it” helps you cope, you may enjoy the following memes.
1. When you feel a flare-up coming on:
2. When people see your red cheeks and assume you’re blushing:
3. When you touch your cheeks while they’re flushed:
4. When your face feels like it’s burning but you’re used to it:
5. When people tell you you’re wearing too much blush:
6. When you’re always way hotter than everyone around you:
7. When people like to point out the color of your face:
8. When you’re constantly fanning your face to try and cool it down:
9. When you feel your face starting to turn red:
10. When someone asks why you’re embarrassed:
11. When you decide to get rid of all the blush you’ll never need:
12. When your face is beet red and burning but you’re trying to smile through it:
13. When no one has to know when you’re actually blushing because your face is always red: