The 7 Reasons I Am Thankful for My Cerebral Palsy This Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is soon approaching and I tend to think about my journey with cerebral palsy and the experiences I have had because of it.
Here are the seven reasons why I always give gratitude to my cerebral palsy diagnosis during this time of year:
1. Cerebral palsy has allowed me to have a different perspective of the world.
Being diagnosed with cerebral palsy has allowed me to view the world differently and has taught me to appreciate diversity and differences.
2. Cerebral Palsy has shown me that there isn’t anything I can’t overcome.
Throughout my journey with cerebral palsy, I have faced many obstacles and challenges like having multiple surgeries to correct my dislocated hip and tightness of the hamstrings. Cerebral palsy has shown me that there isn’t anything I can’t overcome.
3. Cerebral palsy has been able to connect me to some of the greatest groups of friends.
If it weren’t for being diagnosed with cerebral palsy, I probably wouldn’t have met some of my best friends who have impacted my life and help me to share my story to the best of my ability.
4. Cerebral palsy has given me a story to share with the world.
When I’m out and about and people see me in my wheelchair, people like to start a conversation with me and want to hear all about my story with cerebral palsy and how it has impacted my life which I’m forever thankful for.
5. Cerebral palsy has made me beautiful.
I love everything about my body and the way cerebral palsy has shaped out to be from my swan finger to my windswept legs, cerebral palsy has made me into a beautiful woman.
6. Cerebral palsy has shown me that the possibilities are endless.
Cerebral palsy has shown me that possibilities are endless when it comes to achieving my dreams of being an advocate, author and radio personality. Cerebral palsy has shown me that nothing is impossible for me to achieve regardless of what obstacles are in front of me and for that, I gave so much gratitude for.