14 Gifts I'd Love as a Person With Generalized Anxiety Disorder
We hope the products below help you or a loved one in your health journeys. Just so you know, The Mighty may collect a share of sales from the affiliate links on this page. As an Amazon associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
As we approach the holiday season, everyone starts asking, “What do you want for Christmas this year?” This is such a loaded question for me. Of course, I think of the material things I want, like a KitchenAid mixer and a few new sweaters, or maybe even a gift card to my favorite restaurant. But if I’m being honest, there are so many other things I want that I cannot even begin to explain to someone.
I have generalized anxiety disorder. The following is a list of those items that would not only make the holiday season, but also the everyday battles I face, a bit easier on me.
My Anxiety Holiday Wish List:
1. Chamomile tea to drink on the couch to calm my body after a long day
2. Lavender and eucalyptus essential oils to calm my racing thoughts
3. Ginger ale to calm my nausea when I start to feel panicky
4. A hug to know I am not alone
5. The peace of mind that I am enough
6. The trust in myself to know that no matter how anxious or panicked I feel, I can use my coping skills to help me through
7. Knowledge to recognize that all of these feelings are temporary and ever-changing
8. The comfort of my boyfriend’s unconditional support
9. Strength to tell those negative voices/thoughts in my head that they are wrong and combat them with realistic responses
10. A family that is understanding and supportive
11. Relief from the immense amount of pressure I put on myself to be perfect
12. The ability to be kind and gentle to myself when I am struggling
13. The ability to give myself recognition of the progress I’ve made
Lastly, and mostly I wish for acceptance — acceptance of myself, my anxiety, and the struggles I face every day.
We want to hear your story. Become a Mighty contributor here.
Thinkstock photo by fotohunter