Here’s how to start your own mental health crisis kit.
8 Things to Add to a Mental Health Crisis Kit
- Notebook – To remind you of your crisis plan.
- Phone Charger – To contact whoever you need.
- Over-Ear Headphones – To escape from the outside world.
- Hard Candy – To avoid biting your nails.
- Medicine – To fight physical symptoms.
- Chapstick – To avoid picking dry skin.
- Fidget Cube – To distract your hands.
- Tissues – In case you need to cry.
You can reach the Crisis Text Line by texting “HOME” to 741-741.
Inspired by a piece from Rebecca Tarullo.