Ways To Be Helpful During a Loved One's Panic Attack
The most helpful emails in healthBrowse our free newsletters
A list of ways someone can be helpful if their loved one is having a panic attack.
Ways To Be Helpful During a Loved One’s Panic Attack
- “Talk to me to help keep me grounded.”
- “Assist me to a safe spot.”
- “Don’t undermine my panic. Have empathy.”
- “Remind me that I’m safe and am going to be OK.”
- “Give me space but don’t leave completely.”
- “Remind me that this won’t last forever.”
- “Help me focus elsewhere. Show me things that aren’t threatening.”
What would you add?