10 Lessons I Learned After Having Cancer
A woman who was diagnosed with thyroid cancer as a young adult shares the lessons she learned that have changed her outlook on life.
Read the full version of 10 Lessons I Learned After Having Thyroid Cancer as a Young Adult.
Read the full transcript:
10 Lessons I Learned After Having Cancer – Samantha Paige
- Lesson 1: There is no right or wrong way to do cancer.
- Letting yourself feel the full range of emotions allows for long-term healing.
- Lesson 2: Own my “no” and be mindful of my “yes.”
- Over-committing is a one-way ticket to exhaustion and stress.
- Lesson 3: I control what I can.
- I am constantly checking in with myself and always learning more about health and wellness so I can feel my best.
- Lesson 4: I am my own best advocate.
- Lesson 5: My body is my greatest teacher.
- Lesson 6: Asking for help is a sign of strength, not weakness.
- Lesson 7: You do you. I’ll do me.
- Lesson 8: Fall in love with yourself in every form.
- Lesson 9: Laugh. Find joy. Be silly.
- Lesson 10: My cancer does not define me, but how I live my life does.
Written by Samantha Paige