30 Thoughts That Go Through My Head in a Day With Chronic Illness
Every day with a chronic illness is unknown. There is always the unknown. Will it be a good day, or a bad day? Will I get done what I wanted? Will I feel accomplished or not? These are some thoughts that go through my head on a regular basis because of my chronic illnesses.
1. Will I be able to get out of bed?
2. Do I have to get dressed today?
3. What pants, shirt and sweatshirt will cause me the least pain?
4. I’m not getting dressed unless I have to leave the house.
5. I have to rest up all day if there’s any chance of me going to work tonight.
6. Should I take Aleve, Tylenol, or Advil?
7. I want to take a bath but the whole setting up idea sounds exhausting.
8. I need a cup of tea.
9. I need another cup of tea.
10. I can’t forget to take this medication today.
11. I hope I can at least just stretch today.
12. I’m so lucky to have my dog.
13. I’m so happy I have friends with Lyme disease.
14. I can’t believe I’m getting a service dog.
15. There’s nothing to eat.
16. This cold weather is killing me.
17. How the heck did I get this sick?
18. I have epilepsy?
19. I want to be a normal person and then I try to do something and it doesn’t work out.
20. It’s crazy that I should be a sophomore in college now…
21. Time for more tea.
22. What “giving back” can I do for people this year?
23. I hope I can visit my brother in college.
24. I wish I could dance in the Nutcracker this year.
25. The holiday season makes me so much happier.
26. Time to turn on some Jackie Evancho music.
27. I wish I could have brain surgery to get rid of my chronic pain. I would do it.
28. I just want to get the magic eight hours of sleep tonight.
29. Will my cognitive function come back?
30. I wish I could tell everyone who didn’t believe me that I was right.
We want to hear your story. Become a Mighty contributor here.
Lead photo by Thinkstock Images