28 Fashionable Face Masks People Are Wearing During COVID-19
Join The Mighty’s Coronavirus group to connect with other Mighties living through the pandemic. Read the latest updates, share helpful tips, or give and receive virtual support.
Since the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) changed its COVID-19 prevention guidelines to recommend everyone wear a face covering while out in public, folks have been scrambling to find suitable face coverings.
Because N-95 and other medical grade masks are in short supply (and need to be diverted to health care workers!), people are turning to fabric face masks. Though studies have suggested masks may not be 100 percent effective at stopping the spread of harmful airborne particles, they can help reduce the risk of contamination, making it important to continue wearing them during COVID-19.
Whether you’re sewing masks yourself, fashioning a no-sew face covering or buying masks online, people have been getting creative (and fashionable) with their COVID-19 protection. That’s why we turned to our Mighty community to share their photos of their own fashionable face masks with us.
Here’s what they shared with us:
1. Submitted by Heather L.
2. “Going to get a bone density test! Has a spot for a replacement filter too!” — Jae M.
3. Submitted by Angie L.
4. Submitted by Tyler D.
5. “I made this with leftover fabric from a weighted shoulder wrap I made. Who would have guessed those scraps would become an essential yet stylish accessory?” — Ashley K.
6. Submitted by Lillian M.
7. “Got married in our masks lol.” — Mya G.
8. “Plague but make it fashion.” — Skyelar A.
9. “A recent trip to get necessities.” — Kristen M.
10. “Made this one… A little extra, but I like it, lol!” — Cassandra F.
11. Submitted by Veronica V.
12. Submitted by Sara R.
13. Submitted by Jessica J.
14. “Through some connections in the garment industry, I have been able to provide handmade masks, as so many others have been doing to supplement themselves while work is slow or gone completely.” — Matthew R.
15. Submitted by Sara R.
16. “My husband went heavy duty over fashionable.” — Katrina S.
17. Submitted by James T.
18. “The face mask came blank, so I made this design and added it myself. It says: ‘Chronically Fabulous’ and was perfect for my recent day at the infusion center.” — Alex P.
19. Sumitted by Theresa M.
20. “Sewed masks for myself and my friends/family who couldn’t find medical grade. Three layers of cotton, including a filter pocket. Sewing has kept me sane through shelter-in-place.” — Elizabeth V.
21. Submitted by Peter F.
22. “Love my mask and my Sadie!” — Stephanie M.
23. Submitted by Matt S.
24. Submitted by Andy K.
25. “Fogged glasses!” — Ann G.
26. “Here I am going on a grocery run. I bought a bananas mask because all of this is bananas! Plus, it’s a way to infuse some humor and cheer to a rough situation.” — Misty L.
27. Submitted by Camara R.
28. Submitted by Monique V.
Concerned about coronavirus? Stay safe using the tips from these articles: