A Digital Resource Toolkit for Getting Through Uncertain Times
It’s safe to say many of us are wading through uncharted waters as we each experience the pandemic in our own way. You’re likely adjusting to a new normal — navigating government guidelines and restrictions, managing the drastic shift in your daily routine, or dealing with economic turmoil. Maybe on top of all this change, your pre-existing health condition or disability makes you or your loved one at higher risk. Maybe the emergence of difficult emotions is impacting your mental health.
While there’s no instruction manual for how to perfectly navigate the ups, downs, twists and unexpected turns you’re encountering right now, we hope this digital resource toolkit lends you or someone you know a supportive (or distracting!) hand.
Here’s what’s included in The Mighty’s Digital Toolkit for Uncertain Times:
- 3 mini Mighty guides for self-care, support and distraction
- 2 LOL-worthy virtual postcards for anyone who’s spending significant time at home
- 3 printable coloring sheets for when you need a creative break
- Patient-approved Mighty MadLibs for the word lovers out there
- 10 journaling prompts sourced straight from our Mighty community
- 3 sharable social templates to fill in and pass along to your friends
P.S. Everything included in this toolkit is downloadable, printable and shareable!
Mini Mighty Guides
Print or download one or all three of these sheets for yourself or a neighbor/friend who could use a little pick-me-up in the form of gentle reminders.
Take what you need by clicking on an image from the list below:
Send a Virtual Postcard
Fill out one or both of these digital postcards by clicking the images below, saving the files to your computer/phone and uploading the images to canva.com (or any other free image-editing software). Then pass them along to someone who is also spending their time burrito-ed in bed or parked on the couch.
Download and print one of the three original Mighty coloring sheets below. Take your pick from dogs, cats or an uplifting message!
Patient-Approved Mighty MadLibs
Throw it back to the days when MadLibs were all the rage! Get as clever, serious or creative as you’d like.
We compiled a list of 10 journaling prompts from our Mighty members! Take a quick break and put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard by responding to one or more of the suggestions below:
- Look back over the past week and write down two things that brought a smile to your face. — via Samantha Moss
- Ask yourself what you need to hear right now. Write it down, and then read it back to yourself as often as you need to. — via Sara T.
- What’s on your bucket list? To start, try writing a list of 10 items, activities or milestones you’d like to check off. — via @togetherwestumble
- Write about a feeling that’s hard to explain (maybe you can give it a name if it doesn’t have one yet!). — via Haley Quinn
- Write a letter to a fictional character you like and tell them about yourself as if they were your pen pal. Ask questions about a particular movie, episode or book; or ask about their relationships with other characters. — via RachelBrooke
- Close your eyes and imagine the kind of world you would like to see. What is it like? — via Monique Vitche
- Write about a time you were feeling weak but made it through. — via Joan Harden
- What would make you happy right now? — via Adela Yu
- Finish this sentence: I’m truly inspired by… — via @missmental
- Write a letter to your health condition as if it were a person. What questions do you want answers to? In what ways do you wish your “relationship” was different? (If you’re experiencing anger, express that too!) — via Kat Harrison
Shareable Social Templates
Stay connected on social media with the shareable templates below. Click any one of the three images, save or screenshot it on your phone and upload it to Instagram or Facebook with your answers. Spread the Mighty vibes by tagging your friends and @themightysite when you share!
What would you add? Share it with us in the comments below. (And in case no one has told you this today, we’re really proud of you for showing up even when it’s hard.)
Thank you to the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson whose support made this toolkit possible.