40 Compliments for Your Partner in Recovery
Since I first met my partner back in 2018, I’ve watched her make incredible progress in her recovery from anorexia nervosa. Even though my partner is in fairly solid recovery at this point, she still deals with body image issues from time to time. Because of this, I am trying to find more ways to compliment my partner without making it about her body.
I know I’m not the only person with a partner in recovery from an eating disorder. I also know that it’s hard to shift into a mindset of offering compliments that have absolutely nothing to do with a person’s body image because it’s such a common occurrence in modern society. However, I hope this list of 40 compliments can help others give their partners a confidence boost without triggering body image issues.
- You’re an incredible person.
- I admire your strength.
- Your face lights up the room.
- You’re so smart.
- I love your sense of humor.
- You’re such a great listener.
- You always know just what to say. I really admire that about you.
- I always appreciate your honesty.
- You have so many talents.
- I love your smile.
- You’re so down to earth. I love that about you.
- You make me so happy.
- I love the way you make me feel.
- You’re so fun to hang out with.
- You have the best laugh.
- I love your resilience.
- You always make me feel less alone.
- Your kindness is contagious.
- You make me feel safe.
- I really admire your work ethic.
- You’re such a great (insert hobby).
- You always make me feel so calm.
- I can’t imagine my life without you.
- You’re incredibly empathetic.
- You smell amazing.
- I can always count on you.
- You have such a big heart.
- Our conversations always make me feel better.
- You’re always so supportive.
- I’m so proud of how far you’ve come.
- You’re so dependable.
- I love the way you carry yourself.
- Your hair looks amazing.
- You always look great when you (insert activity).
- I love your fierce heart.
- You bring out the best in me.
- You’re a work of art.
- I admire your bravery.
- You bring so much joy into my life.
- I love you just the way you are.
As you can tell from this list, there are lots of ways to compliment your partner without drawing attention to their body. It just takes a bit of creativity and thoughtful attention. If your partner has a hard time talking about their body, these compliments may help.
Getty image by Betsie Van Der Meer