16 Memes That Nail What Sleeping Is Like With Fibromyalgia
For those who live with fibromyalgia, sleep is not always the easiest task to accomplish. Fibromyalgia causes pain throughout the body and chronic fatigue. There are so many difficulties involved with sleeping because of this. Chronic pain, anxiety, feeling restless and so many other complications can come into play when it comes time for you to go to bed. Sleeping is just not that simple when you have fibromyalgia.
There is a major connection when it comes to sleep disturbances and pain. It’s why so many of those who have fibromyalgia have trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, waking up and feeling awake in the morning. At times, it can be very overwhelming. That being said, one of the best ways to deal with the frustration of it all can be to laugh at your circumstances. Let’s be real: there’s certainly some humor when it comes to the sleep aspect of fibromyalgia.
For anyone who can’t wait to go to sleep tonight, only to spend three hours trying to find a comfortable position, these memes are for you.
1. When no matter what you do, you don’t sleep well:
2. When the amount you sleep doesn’t even seem to matter:
3. When people don’t get why you’re always tired:
4. When you are almost asleep, but you really need to pee:
5. When you actually have an OK time sleeping and it just doesn’t make sense:
6. When you can’t sleep, but you want to sleep:
7. When you have to figure out when your body will allow you to sleep:
8. When you wake up and realize you’re going to be tired all day long:
9. When you’re always so restless that you don’t really know what sleeping through the night feels like anymore:
10. When you’re tired all day, but can’t sleep at night:
11. When your anxiety gets the best of you, so you can’t fall asleep:
12. When someone asks how you slept even though they should know better:
13. When you wake up in the morning and still feel exhausted:
14. When you sleep eight hours and still look exhausted:
15. When your brain is ready to sleep, but your body initiates your “fight or flight” reaction:
16. When you’re still in pain no matter which position you to try to sleep in:
MORE ABOUT FIBROMYALGIA:
Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness with three main symptoms — widespread pain, chronic fatigue and cognitive trouble. Fibromyalgia is a complicated illness that’s not well understood. In the past, it was mischaracterized as a mental health disorder. Even today, some doctors wave off fibro symptoms as being “all in your head.” This isn’t the case. Read The Mighty’s comprehensive guide to fibromyalgia here. Click here to join our fibro community and connect with people who get it.