What My Friends Should Know About My Life With Fibromyalgia
As you know, I have fibromyalgia. Some days are good, others are not so good. I wanted to tell you a few things about my condition and my new life I have learned so far.
- What is Fibromyalgia?
- What Are Common Fibromyalgia Symptoms?
– Some days, I cannot get out of bed. I am not blowing you off or ignoring you, I just have to rest.
– Sometimes I wake up feeling like I ran a marathon the day before or got hit by a car, because everything hurts.
– Yoga, essential oils, chiropractic care, acupuncture, massage or anything else you suggest from the internet is not going to cure me. Help me, yes, but not cure.
– Some days, I forget what I just said, why I walked into a room or what I need to do for the day. It’s called “fibro fog.”
– Even though I may not look sick, I don’t feel well.
– I refuse to let pain consume my day, so most of the time I am in pain, even if I don’t tell you.
– I have to slow down and take frequent rest breaks.
– Naps, or even just sitting and resting, are extremely helpful.
– Your patience, understanding and kindness are appreciated more than you will ever know.
Your friend with fibromyalgia
We want to hear your story. Become a Mighty contributor here.
Thinkstock photo via DGLimages.