14 GIFs That Perfectly Describe the Frustrations of Lyme Disease
The most helpful emails in healthBrowse our free newsletters
I have been battling a chronic tick-borne infection for almost three and a half years now and there are certain experiences I’ve come to know that most of us share. I’ve put together some of these frustrations – and while this tick-borne disease isn’t funny, I hope these give you a laugh.
1. When you finally find a Lyme literate doctor.
2. When you try to work out which medication you’re herxing from.
3. When you feel a new symptom and have no idea what’s happening.
4. When you’re already out of all your supplements again.
5. When the brain fog makes you forget something important, again.
6. When you’re herxing really bad.
7. When it’s a full moon and all of your symptoms are at their worst.
8. When you’re trying to stay positive about treatment like…
9. When you’re trying to work out the pattern of your symptoms.
10. When you take a list of symptoms to your doctor like…
11. When the pharmacist looks at you like…
12. And when you see the bill at the pharmacy.
13. When you have a ton of co-infections as well.
14. But you fight the bugs like a warrior.
All GIFs courtesy of GIPHY
Originally published: March 15, 2018