Welcome to our Mighty community. We’re so happy you’ve decided to share your story with us.
If you are a returning contributor, click here to go to the MVP.
If you are a first-time contributor, sign up to submit your story here. But first, please read below:
- Take a look at our guidelines for contributing writers.
- Take a look at our monthly blogging prompts (below).
- Include at least one photo with each post. If you’d prefer we use a stock image, let us know.
- If you’d like to submit a video, please email it to [email protected]
- Include a brief bio (1-4 sentences) and a photo for your profile. You will be prompted to do this during the sign-up process.
- Include your home address if you’re comfortable with that. (Occasionally we like to send things to our contributors. We won’t share or sell this without your permission.)
- We also accept previously published blog posts. In this case, please include the link as well as the entire story (and let us know that you retain author rights over this story and the ability to publish it elsewhere).
- Send all questions to [email protected].
- If you are already a contributor, please go to the Mighty Voices Portal (MVP) and log in to submit a story.
- Still have questions? Check out our FAQ.
Please note that we do edit stories and their titles for length, clarity and our own editorial guidelines. For example, this might mean your title will be changed or certain language will be removed. If we feel we’ve made significant enough changes or altered your original tone, we’ll run it by you first. We never want to misrepresent your voice or message.
If your story is published on our site, it may be republished in full with your byline on a reputable Mighty partner site, such as MSN or Yahoo.
Also, unfortunately, we can’t publish every story or blog post that we receive on The Mighty. Please don’t take us turning down a story as us saying your stories don’t have value. We have a small editorial team currently, but we hope to one day have a spot for every story we receive on the site. Your stories have so much value.
July Blogging Prompts
**These are just ideas if you’re looking for some writing inspiration.
We accept submissions within all topics!**
1. Do you have a phrase you use to downplay how you’re really feeling? Many of us feel pressure to pretend we’re OK when we’re really not. What do you find yourself telling people, perhaps out of habit, when they ask how you are or how you’re feeling? How would you truthfully respond? Or, if you are honest, what was their reaction like?
2. So many of us are frustrated with the pain charts you’ll find in doctor’s offices. How would you redesign the pain scale for your condition? What would you want doctors to understand about your levels of pain? Bonus points if you want to draw out your new chart!
3. Do you have to adapt any summer activities for your or a loved one’s condition? Describe an adaptation you’ve made and how it’s helped you participate in summer fun.
4. Let’s spread some kindness. With the news cycle weighing a lot of people down, we want to challenge you to share a moment related to your help where you experienced unconditional kindness.
5. July is National Minority Mental Health Month. Has being in a minority group affected your healthcare experience? If so, describe a moment that illustrates this, and tell us why it’s a significant moment for you.
Thank you for sharing your story with The Mighty!
We’re humbled to have you with us.