3 Red Delicious apples
3 Granny Smith apples
3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 t. nutmeg
3/4 t. cinnamon
2T. melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease glass baking dish. Peel, core, and slice apples. Layer in baking dish.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add butter and combine ingredients with a potato masher or pastry cutter until mixture is the consistency of sand.
3. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the apples.
4. Drizzle 1/2 c. water over all.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until apples are soft