The Mighty's Mental Health Gift Guide
It doesn’t matter if you’re blasting Christmas music on December 1, or counting the days until the holidays are through — the “most wonderful time of the year” is a lot, and not always wonderful for everyone. When you live with a mental illness or have negative memories associated with the holidays, the pressure to be joyful can make you feel like a Grinch, so it’s harder to appreciate the good things holidays can bring.
Take gift giving, for example. Although gifts are an opportunity to express how much you care about someone, they often get swept into the stress of the holidays. Fighting through crowded malls, money worries and the pressure to get it “right” can make gift giving a less than merry process.
To make your holiday shopping a little easier, we’ve listed all of our mental-illness-inspired gift guides in one convenient location. If you’re unsure what to get your loved one this year, we hope this list leaves you inspired.
1. Gifts That Won’t Break the Bank
2. Gifts That Give Back to the Mental Health Community
3. Gifts Money Can’t Buy
4. Gifts for Someone Who Lives With Anxiety
4. Gifts for Someone Who Lives With Depression
5. What to Get a Friend Who’s in the Hospital Over the Holidays
6. Gifts for a Loved One Who Feels Misunderstood
7. Gifts for Someone in Eating Disorder Recovery
8. Gifts for a Friend Who Has Trouble Sleeping at Night
9. Gifts to Get Yourself (Because You Deserve Some Love, Too)
Lead photo via SasinParaksa