Here's February's #MightyPoets Poetry Prompt
You can now share your original poetry or poetry you love on The Mighty.
February’s Poetry Prompt: “Where I Find Courage…”
Life with a health condition or disability brings a multitude of challenges, both big and small — starting or stopping medication, making decisions without immediate pay-off, anxiously awaiting test results or simply getting out of bed.
That’s why, for the month of February, we invite you to write poems that illuminate the places where courage can be found. Let your words remind anyone who feels hopeless, exhausted or heartbroken that they too can scale the mountains in front of them.
If this prompt doesn’t resonate with you, check out the previous month’s prompts below:
- September 2018: “I am #beyondworthy because…”
- October 2018: “These are #MySymptoms…”
- November 2018: “It’s #TheLittleThings…”
- December 2018: “Sending #WarmWishes…”
- January 2019: “Poems about #NewBeginnings…”
- February 2019: “What #Selflove means…”
- March 2019: “Behind #MyCondition…”
- April 2019: “Where I #FindStrength…”
- May 2019: “Poems That #EndTheStigma“
- June 2019: “The Mountains I’ve Climbed”
- July: “You’re Not Alone If…”
- August 2019: “If My Health Condition Could Talk…”
- September 2019: “To the Person Who…”
- October 2019: “The Masks I Wear…”
- November 2019: “I’m Thankful for…”
- December 2019: “A Wish for Next Year…”
- January 2020: “A Feeling That’s Hard to Explain…”
Here’s How to Post Poetry on The Mighty:
Start by selecting the Post button in the navigation bar.
- In the Post menu, choose Post a Thought. This will open a pop-up window.
- If you want, add a title for your Thought in the Title field. Make sure to include the hashtag #MightyPoets.
- Write your poem in the Your Thought field.
- Don’t forget to include hashtags related to your poem (#MentalHealth, #ChronicIllness, #RareDisease, #Depression, etc.). Including hashtags in your post will make it more likely that the people who follow that topic get to see what you share. Start by typing # then type the hashtag you want to use. You can select an existing hashtag or create your own.
- When you’re finished writing your poem and adding your hashtags, select the Post button inside the pop-up window to finish sharing your Thought.
- You’ll find your poem in your Profile. People who follow you and people who follow any hashtags you used will see your Thought in their Mighty Homefeed.