Here's September's #MightyPoets Poetry Prompt
You can now share your original poetry or poetry you love on The Mighty.
September’s Poetry Prompt: “To the Person Who…”
One of the reasons writing can be so powerful is because it allows us to connect with others over shared experiences. While everyone’s story is unique, sometimes you stumble upon words or lines in another person’s pages that remind you you’re not the only one who has braved the storm — and it gives you hope.
That’s why this month, we’re asking you to pay that hope forward. Pick an experience in your life — it could be tangible (like a hospital stay or when you got your first diagnosis) or intangible (like a recurring feeling or thought you have often) — and write a poem for someone who might be in that same position. What words of encouragement would you give? What lessons could you pass along?
If this prompt doesn’t resonate with you, check out the previous month’s prompts below:
- September: “I am #beyondworthy because…”
- October: “These are #MySymptoms…”
- November: “It’s #TheLittleThings…”
- December: “Sending #WarmWishes…”
- January: “Poems about #NewBeginnings…”
- February: “What #Selflove means…”
- March: “Behind #MyCondition…”
- April: “Where I #FindStrength…”
- May: “Poems That #EndTheStigma“
- June: “The Mountains I’ve Climbed”
- July: “You’re Not Alone If…”
- August: “If My Health Condition Could Talk…”
Here’s How to Post Poetry on The Mighty:
Start by selecting the Post button in the navigation bar.
- In the Post menu, choose Post a Thought. This will open a pop-up window.
- If you want, add a title for your Thought in the Title field. Make sure to include the hashtag #MightyPoets.
- Write your poem in the Your Thought field.
- Don’t forget to include hashtags related to your poem (#MentalHealth, #ChronicIllness, #RareDisease, #Depression, etc.). Including hashtags in your post will make it more likely that the people who follow that topic get to see what you share. Start by typing # then type the hashtag you want to use. You can select an existing hashtag or create your own.
- When you’re finished writing your poem and adding your hashtags, select the Post button inside the pop-up window to finish sharing your Thought.
- You’ll find your poem in your Profile. People who follow you and people who follow any hashtags you used will see your Thought in their Mighty Homefeed.