Here's May's #MightyPoets Poetry Prompt
You can now share your original poetry or poetry you love on The Mighty.
May’s Poetry Prompt: Poems That #EndTheStigma
Stigma is powerful. It can shape the opinions we have of both ourselves and others. It can also impact our ability to feel seen, safe and supported.
Whether you’ve faced stigma due to your health condition or know someone who has, we’re asking you to use poetry to shed light on what you go through on a day-to-day basis. Because when we use our words and creativity to share our experiences — good or bad — we can start to change the harmful or hurtful narratives others might believe.
If this prompt feels too heavy for you, check out our previous month’s poetry prompts below:
- September: “I am #beyondworthy because…”
- October: “These are #MySymptoms…”
- November: “It’s #TheLittleThings…”
- December: “Sending #WarmWishes…”
- January: “Poems about #NewBeginnings…”
- February: “What #Selflove means…”
- March: “Behind #MyCondition…”
- April: “Where I #FindStrength…”
Here’s How to Post Poetry on The Mighty:
Start by selecting the Post button in the navigation bar.
- In the Post menu, choose Post a Thought. This will open a pop-up window.
- If you want, add a title for your Thought in the Title field. Make sure to include the hashtag #MightyPoets.
- Write your poem in the Your Thought field.
- Don’t forget to include hashtags related to your poem (#MentalHealth, #ChronicIllness, #RareDisease, #Depression, etc.). Including hashtags in your post will make it more likely that the people who follow that topic get to see what you share. Start by typing # then type the hashtag you want to use. You can select an existing hashtag or create your own.
- When you’re finished writing your poem and adding your hashtags, select the Post button inside the pop-up window to finish sharing your Thought.
- You’ll find your poem in your Profile. People who follow you and people who follow any hashtags you used will see your Thought in their Mighty Homefeed.