Here's November's #MightyPoets Poetry Prompt
You can now share your original poetry or poetry you love on The Mighty.
Novembers’s Poetry Prompt: “The Masks I Wear…”
Life is more complicated and stressful when you live with a health condition or disability, so finding the “good” in the world can be like searching for a needle in a haystack. That’s why for the month of November, we hope you’ll practice gratitude with us by writing poems about what you’re thankful for.
Let’s illuminate the big and small things we’re appreciative of — the things that make every day just a little bit brighter — to remind everyone (especially ourselves) of life’s goodness.
If this prompt doesn’t resonate with you, check out the previous month’s prompts below:
- September 2018: “I am #beyondworthy because…”
- October 2018: “These are #MySymptoms…”
- November 2018: “It’s #TheLittleThings…”
- December 2018: “Sending #WarmWishes…”
- January 2019: “Poems about #NewBeginnings…”
- February 2019: “What #Selflove means…”
- March 2019: “Behind #MyCondition…”
- April 2019: “Where I #FindStrength…”
- May 2019: “Poems That #EndTheStigma“
- June 2019: “The Mountains I’ve Climbed”
- July: “You’re Not Alone If…”
- August 2019: “If My Health Condition Could Talk…”
- September 2019: “To the Person Who…”
- October 2019: “The Masks I Wear…”
Here’s How to Post Poetry on The Mighty:
Start by selecting the Post button in the navigation bar.
- In the Post menu, choose Post a Thought. This will open a pop-up window.
- If you want, add a title for your Thought in the Title field. Make sure to include the hashtag #MightyPoets.
- Write your poem in the Your Thought field.
- Don’t forget to include hashtags related to your poem (#MentalHealth, #ChronicIllness, #RareDisease, #Depression, etc.). Including hashtags in your post will make it more likely that the people who follow that topic get to see what you share. Start by typing # then type the hashtag you want to use. You can select an existing hashtag or create your own.
- When you’re finished writing your poem and adding your hashtags, select the Post button inside the pop-up window to finish sharing your Thought.
- You’ll find your poem in your Profile. People who follow you and people who follow any hashtags you used will see your Thought in their Mighty Homefeed.