Here's December's #MightyPoets Poetry Prompt
You can now share your poetry or poetry you love on The Mighty.
Decembers’s Poetry Prompt: “Sending #WarmWishes…”
The Mighty is currently holding it’s holiday card drive to send our love, support and #WarmWishes to patients spending their holidays in the hospital. We’ve partnered with McLean Hospital in Belmont, Massachusetts, to deliver Mighty mail to children and adults with mental illnesses. We’re also proud to partner with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, to send messages and artwork to display on TV screens throughout the hospital.
That is why, for the month of December, we wanted to get The Mighty Poets involved and send even more #WarmWishes in the form of poems. So share a poem with a reminder you needed to hear when you were struggling to a patient at McLean, or maybe a poem filled with hope to the children at St. Jude. Make sure you post your poem with the hashtag #WarmWishes and either #McLean or #StJude depending on which hospital you want this message to go to (hint: you can send several to each!).
For our Mighty artists out there: you can also submit artwork for the front of the cards being printed for McLean, or even a photo of a handmade card to be displayed on TV screens throughout St. Jude. Submit your artwork or handmade cards here.
For more details about the #WarmWishes card drive, head here.
Here are some of our previous month’s poetry prompts:
- September: “I am #beyondworthy because…”
- October: “These are #MySymptoms…”
- November: “It’s #TheLittleThings…”
Here’s How to Post Poetry on The Mighty:
Start by selecting the Post button in the navigation bar.
- In the Post menu, choose Post a Thought. This will open a pop-up window.
- If you want, add a title for your Thought in the Title field. Make sure to include the hashtag #MightyPoets.
- Write your poem in the Your Thought field.
- Don’t forget to include hashtags related to your poem (#MentalHealth, #ChronicIllness, #RareDisease, #Depression, etc.). Including hashtags in your post will make it more likely that the people who follow that topic get to see what you share. Start by typing # then type the hashtag you want to use. You can select an existing hashtag or create your own.
- When you’re finished writing your poem and adding your hashtags, select the Post button inside the pop-up window to finish sharing your Thought.
- You’ll find your poem in your Profile. People who follow you and people who follow any hashtags you used will see your Thought in their Mighty Homefeed.