August 9, 2018
How to Share Your Poems and Read Work From #MightyPoets
You can now share your poetry or poetry you love on The Mighty.
Here’s How to Post Poetry on The Mighty:
Start by selecting the Post button in the navigation bar.
- In the Post menu, choose Post a thought. This will open a pop-up window.
- If you want, add a title for your thought in the Title field. Make sure to include the hashtag #MightyPoets.
- Write your poem in the Your Thought field. (Note: there is currently a 600 character word limit — extended word count on Thoughts coming soon.)
- Don’t forget to include hashtags related to your poem (#MentalHealth, #ChronicIllness, #RareDisease, #Depression, etc.). Including hashtags in your post will make it more likely that the people who follow that topic get to see what you share. Start by typing # then type the hashtag you want to use. You can select an existing hashtag or create your own.
- When you’re finished writing your poem and adding your hashtags, select the Post button inside the pop-up window to finish sharing your thought.
- You’ll find your post in your Profile. People who follow you and people who follow any hashtags you used will see your thought in their Mighty Homefeed.
View all of the #MightyPoets work here.