Here's October's #MightyPoets Poetry Prompt
You can now share your poetry or poetry you love on The Mighty.
October’s Poetry Prompt: “These are #MySymptoms…”
Living with the symptoms associated with both physical and mental illness can be challenging — people who’ve never dealt with certain health conditions often don’t understand how the visible and “invisible” symptoms someone experiences affect their day-to-day life, and therefore it’s easy to feel isolated, frustrated or misunderstood.
That is why for October’s poetry prompt, we’re asking you to write poetry about the symptoms you experience or have experienced in the past due to a health condition using the hashtag #MySymptoms. By writing poems about these everyday experiences with symptoms, we hope you can bring light to what you’re going through, and maybe even help process through them.
We will share your “These are #MySymptoms…” posts throughout the month on October on our social media channels.
See Haley’s full post here.
Follow the #MySypmtoms hashtag page to see more of the communities posts in your feed.
Here’s How to Post Poetry on The Mighty:
Start by selecting the Post button in the navigation bar.
- In the Post menu, choose Post a thought. This will open a pop-up window.
- If you want, add a title for your thought in the Title field. Make sure to include the hashtag #MightyPoets.
- Write your poem in the Your Thought field.
- Don’t forget to include hashtags related to your poem (#MentalHealth, #ChronicIllness, #RareDisease, #Depression, etc.). Including hashtags in your post will make it more likely that the people who follow that topic get to see what you share. Start by typing # then type the hashtag you want to use. You can select an existing hashtag or create your own.
- When you’re finished writing your poem and adding your hashtags, select the Post button inside the pop-up window to finish sharing your thought.
- You’ll find your post in your Profile. People who follow you and people who follow any hashtags you used will see your thought in their Mighty Homefeed.