1. I have insurance. I have a job.
2. The majority of my lifespan, I have been a healthy individual who pays my taxes, volunteer my services to the less fortunate and contributes to society.
3. Unfortunately at the age of 38, I have been battling fibromyalgia and arthritis. I have three kids, a husband, a car, a house and student loan payments which have been denied for forgiveness (Note: 98% of public service employees were denied this year alone-whole other issue on another day).
4. Big Pharma needs to STOP abusing their power and WE the people need to raise our voices about costs for medication.
5. I use the GoodRx app and got both scripts filled at Costco for $35. No way could I afford $343 a month for two medications which doesn’t include the Epsom salts, turmeric, CBD oil, gluten free diet that I am trying to naturally beat/manage this beast of a disease.
6. I’m fortunate to have options. But what about rural America or others who don’t have transportation?
7. Change needs to happen or you or someone you know will be financially crippled by greed and corruption. Why are Americans allowing price gauging to continue to destroy families and people lose their quality of life?
8. No one should have to get a GoFundMe campaign for their medical bills and medication. Two of my friends have children battling cancer. They should not have to worry about how they are going to pay to save their child’s life or whether or not they can afford their medication.
9. Rant over! Change needs to happen now.
10. Remember to vote. #Bigpharma #Fibromyalgia #Cancer #Arthritis #changeiscoming
I'm so used to chapters in my life suddenly closing, done, finished, there is no more. But lately I've found things closing at a much slower rate and I'm not sure which is worse. Knowing whatever is coming to an end, seeing it and having to wait it out while the end gets here is... excruciating to say the least. I never had the chance to really experience the emotions that went along with stuff before, I just had to move on without looking back. But this? This having time to sit and reflect on the situation, waiting it out and having to feel all the things that go with the changes happening? I'm not sure about this.