8.6K posts
About #52SmallThings: A Weekly Self-Care Challenge
Explore Our Newsletters
What's New in #52SmallThings: A Weekly Self-Care Challenge
All
Stories
Latest
Trending

What are some ways you could simplify your living space?

Whether it’s finding a better system to store your food, taking unused clothes or shoes to be donated, or readjusting your furniture so you can move around your home more comfortably; different actions can be taken to simplify your living space — especially if you find you want to make some changes but don’t exactly know where to start.

What would simplify your living space and make it more comfortable for you?

#52SmallThings #MentalHealth #selfcare #Anxiety #Depression #ChronicPain #ChronicIllness #Disability #RareDisease #CheckInWithMe #Caregiving #Autism #ADHD

49 reactions 19 comments

What is currently taking up more of your time and energy than you’d like?

We all have different levels of responsibilities, tasks, and daily chores that take up a portion of our day and brain space because, well, we just have to get them done. (Adulting is #fun!)

But, do you ever feel like there’s one or more of those things that take up much more time than it has to and could use a revamp or different approach?

Mighty staffer @xokat would love to find a way to make washing her hair (or, honestly, her whole showering routine in general) a little less draining. What about you?

#52SmallThings #MentalHealth #Anxiety #Depression #selfcare #CheckInWithMe #ChronicPain #ChronicIllness #Disability #RareDisease #Caregiving

96 reactions 30 comments

Something I own but never use is...

Simplifying our lives requires us to examine and reflect on the different aspects of our daily routines, habits, and surroundings. This includes taking out, changing, or adjusting what we feel isn’t necessarily adding value to our day-to-day. That can even mean looking through our belongings to see what we have, but rarely (or ever) use.

As you take a look around your space, what can you find that you own that you don’t use or haven’t used in a really long time? What can you do with that belonging that will help simplify that “clutter”?

#52SmallThings #selfcare #CheckInWithMe #MentalHealth #Anxiety #Depression #Caregiving #ChronicPain #ChronicIllness #RareDisease #Disability #ADHD

51 reactions 39 comments

What area of your life could use some simplification right now?

Life in general is complex and multifaceted, especially when you live with one or more health conditions. This doesn’t mean, however, that EVERY aspect of our lives has to be at the same level of complexity. It can definitely be beneficial to simplify one or more areas to add balance and a little bit of breathing room.

From cleaning to your weekend schedule to your weekly meal plan, what areas in your life could use a little makeover?

#52SmallThings #selfcare #MentalHealth #Anxiety #Depression #ChronicPain #ChronicIllness #Disability #RareDisease #CheerMeOn #Caregiving #Autism

26 reactions 22 comments

I’d like to improve my communication skills by…

Friday has come at last, Mighties! Great job with this week’s self-care challenge. 👏

Our final activity will be to reflect and share about how we can improve our own communication skills in the future.

Mighty staffer @xokat would like to get better at verbalizing her boundaries to those who are not in her support system. She'd also like to be more open when telling others what they mean to her!

Share how you would like to improve in the comments below. 👇

#52SmallThings #selfcare #MentalHealth #Anxiety #Depression #ChronicPain #ChronicIllness #RareDisease #Disability #Caregiving #Trauma #Relationships #CheckInWithMe

(edited)
26 reactions 16 comments

What are some situations where you struggle to communicate effectively?

No matter how long you’ve known someone or have been in a situation or circumstance, sometimes it’s still super challenging to communicate effectively. No judgment here, we totally get it. 🙋‍♀️

Mighty staffer @xokat says she struggles to communicate effectively when she has to text someone she hasn’t spoken to in a long time (even long-standing friendships).

What about you? In what situations is it challenging for you to communicate effectively?

#52SmallThings #CheckInWithMe #MentalHealth #Anxiety #Depression #ChronicPain #ChronicIllness #PTSD #RareDisease #Disability #Caregiving

30 reactions 20 comments

Who in your life do you communicate most effectively with?

Whether it’s with strangers, ourselves, or with people we know, we are constantly communicating with those around us. And, like many things in life, practice, familiarity, trust, and other factors can influence how accustomed and comfortable we are with that communication (some more than others).

Mighty staffer @xokat says she communicates best with her coworkers — they use a lot of shorthand and often can anticipate each other’s needs without having to say much! She’s working on getting her other relationships up to that level.

Who do you communicate most effectively with in your life?

#52SmallThings #CheckInWithMe #selfcare #MentalHealth #Anxiety #Depression #Caregiving #ChronicPain #ChronicIllness #RareDisease #Disability

39 reactions 33 comments
Poll

Choose one
2 days left
True, this is a strength for me!
False, I keep my needs to myself.
Sometimes, it depends on the person.
I have trouble identifying my needs in the first place.
23 reactions2 comments