8.6K posts
About #52SmallThings: A Weekly Self-Care Challenge
Explore Our Newsletters
What's New in #52SmallThings: A Weekly Self-Care Challenge
All
Stories
Latest
Trending

________ would help me feel more calm about my health.

When you live with a physical and/or mental health condition, it can be challenging to manage the demands, needs, and treatment that come with it. Reaching a state of calm and balance may mean taking intentional steps or seeking help if necessary. (Or it may even look like getting answers!)

What would help you feel more calm about your health?

#52SmallThings #CheckInWithMe #MentalHealth #Anxiety #Depression #ChronicPain #ChronicIllness #RareDisease #Disability #Parenting #Caregiving #Autism #ADHD

45 reactions 17 comments
Poll

Select all that apply
29 days left
Immediate family
Extended family
Parent(s)
Sibling(s)
Friend(s)
Spouse or partner
Coworker(s)
Doctor or other medical professionals
Online community connections (like The Mighty!)
Other (share in the comments)
45 reactions19 comments

Spend a little time outside today. Write about what you see, feel, and smell.

Harmony isn’t just about how we interact with ourselves and others, but also how we interact with the world and our surrounding environments — both natural and man made — as well. Today, let’s take a mindful moment, get some fresh air, and share what we experience. 🌆

✍️ When you go outdoors take a note of what you see, feel, and smell.

Share with us what you’ve captured in the comments below!

#52SmallThings #DistractMe #MentalHealth #MightyPoets

(edited)
23 reactions 8 comments
Reaching out #Depression #Anxiety #BPD #Borderline #Fatigue #Bipolar #MentalHealth #Support #checkin #Disorder

Hello, I'm seeking your support.

I was recently laid off from a job that I truly enjoyed. Over the past 10 years, I have grappled with depression and anxiety, and I have been taking medication for the past 4 years.

Losing my job has significantly exacerbated my feelings of depression and anxiety, to the point where most days, I struggle to get out of bed. I find myself spending the whole day eating, watching Netflix, and mindlessly scrolling through social media.

My job was a beacon of hope for me, especially after it took me 3 years to find a job following a 7-year tenure at my previous workplace. Now, I feel hopeless about finding another job. I am so drained and disheartened that I can't even muster the energy to work on my resume and start applying again. I keep asking myself, "What's the point?"

Especially considering that I'm a 38-year-old single woman, the thought of failing at everything and never achieving anything in life keeps taunting me. How can I start over at this age with nothing to build on?

In any case, I was hoping that you could provide me with some ideas and recommendations for sustainable morning and nighttime routines that could assist me during this challenging period.

Thank you very much 🤍

#52SmallThings #MightyTogether
#Trauma #PTSD #BorderlinePersonalityDisorder #ADHD #CPTSD #Fibromyalgia
#ChronicFatigue #CheckInWithMe #Grief #ChronicDepression #GeneralizedAnxietyDisorder

(edited)
18 reactions 5 comments

Where do you find meaning and purpose in life?

Happy Monday, Mighties!

This week our theme is harmonize.

We often hear the phrase “harmonize” when we’re referring to the synchronization or blending of music or video to create pleasant sounds and visual effects, but what does harmonizing mean when it comes to self-care?

Just like with blending, balancing, or combining sounds and melodies that work together in oneness to create music to make a song; when we live in harmony with ourselves and with others, we are introducing balance and “togetherness” so we are on the path that feels most right to us. Harmony with ourselves can look like knowing and accepting who we are, making decisions that are most beneficial to us, walking in our purpose, and living in our truths.

And in order to reach a state of harmony in our lives, it’s important to identify where we derive the most meaning and purpose so we can continue to nurture those connections, environments, and responsibilities. Is it caring for your family that brings meaning? Your career? A specific skill or duty? Your faith?

Let us know in the comments below! ⬇️

#52SmallThings #CheckInWithMe #CheerMeOn #MentalHealth #Anxiety #Depression #ChronicPain #ChronicIllness #RareDisease #Disability #Caregiving #Autism #ADHD #Trauma #Cancer

69 reactions 19 comments

How can you bring joy to someone else this weekend?

One of the best things about joy is that we don’t have to keep it to ourselves! To wrap up this week’s theme, our challenge to you is to intentionally bring joy to someone else over the weekend, especially to someone who needs it.

Who will you choose? A friend, neighbor, family member, spouse, or another Mighty member? What will you do?

We’d love to hear your ideas in the comments below! 💌

#52SmallThings #MentalHealth #CheckInWithMe #Anxiety #Depression #ChronicPain #ChronicIllness #RareDisease #Disability #Caregiving #Cancer #Autism

27 reactions 13 comments

What’s a song that never fails to put you in a good mood?

Who doesn’t love a great song that can instantly raise your spirits? There’s so many classics and feel-good songs that can get you in a dancing mood.

Mighty staffer @xokat likes to groove to pretty much anything anything by one of her favorite soul-pop bands, Lawrence. She’s especially digging “23” and their latest boppin’ single, “The Guy I Used to Be.”

Share your song recommendations in the comments below. 🕺 🎵

#52SmallThings #MightyMusic #DistractMe #MentalHealth #CheckInWithMe

65 reactions 39 comments

What’s an activity you enjoy doing that makes you lose track of time?

Albert Einstein once said, “Time flies when you’re having fun!” And that is so true, especially when it comes to the activities that bring us the most joy — the ones we get wrapped up into, willingly distracted by, and end up fully entertained.

What’s a hobby or interest that makes you lose track of time in the best of ways? For Mighty staffer @xokat, that’s definitely reading. She can read a book from cover to cover and not realize it’s been four hours since she sat down!

#52SmallThings #DistractMe #MentalHealth #Anxiety #Depression #ChronicIllness #MightyPoets #ChronicPain #RareDisease #Disability

(edited)
67 reactions 53 comments