8.6K posts
About #52SmallThings: A Weekly Self-Care Challenge
Explore Our Newsletters
What's New in #52SmallThings: A Weekly Self-Care Challenge
All
Stories
Latest
Trending

TRUE or FALSE: It’s easy for me to keep up with my hygiene.

It’s Monday, Mighties… and you know what that means! A brand-new self-care challenge.

This week’s theme is hygiene — which is actually one of the most popular topics in our community.

For a lot of us who live with mental health conditions and/or chronic illnesses, keeping up with daily tasks can cost us “spoons” or energy. And hygiene is definitely one of those daily responsibilities that can be draining and taxing to stay on top of. No judgment at all if you can relate, we all have different limits and needs.

Do you find it easy to keep up with your hygiene or are some days harder than others?

#52SmallThings #MentalHealth #Anxiety #Depression #ChronicPain #ChronicIllness #RareDisease #Disability #Caregiving #Cancer #Autism #ADHD #CheerMeOn

59 reactions 22 comments
Poll

Choose one
27 days left
This is the best I’ve felt in a while!
I’ve been in a good mood for the most part.
Eh, my mood has been OK.
Does “blah” count?
My mood is at an all-time low.
29 reactions15 comments

List 3 things that never fail to improve your mood.

Let’s each make a list of things (or people! or places! or pets!) that are forever foolproof in boosting our moods.

Here is Mighty staffer @xokat's list:

🐶 Her dog’s antics

📚 Being in the middle of a really good book

😂 Bantering with her partner

#52SmallThings #CheerMeOn #DistractMe #MightyPets #CheckInWithMe #Depression #Anxiety #MentalHealth #ChronicIllness #ChronicPain #PMDD #RareDisease #Cancer #Caregiving #Parenting

119 reactions 49 comments

What is your go-to self-care technique when you’re feeling down?

When your mood dips, it can be helpful to have some go-to self-care techniques and practices up your sleeve so you can get on solid ground again. This can look like going outside, talking to friends and loved ones, playing video games, being creative, or even taking a break from your responsibilities.

What are your favorite techniques to practice when you’re feeling low? Share with us in the comments below.

#52SmallThings #CheckInWithMe #DistractMe #CheerMeOn #MentalHealth #selfcare #RareDisease #Disability #Parenting #Caregiving #ChronicIllness #ChronicPain #alwaysinbed #Autism #ADHD

133 reactions 45 comments

My mood is most affected by…

Because we are individuals who are multifaceted, and have different experiences as well as diagnoses, our moods can be affected by various things.

Some people may find that their mood is affected by the weather, certain emotional triggers, or the events that are happening around them; while others may find that their mood fluctuates as a symptom of their health condition — maybe even all the above.

What do you think your mood is most affected by?

#52SmallThings #CheckInWithMe #Chatspace #MentalHealth #Disability #ChronicIllness #Depression #RareDisease #Bipolar2 #Migraine #Fibromyalgia #ChronicPain #SeasonalAffectiveDisorder #Autism #PosturalOrthostaticTachycardiaSyndrome #POTS

53 reactions 28 comments

TRUE or FALSE: I regularly track my moods.

This week’s 52 Small Things challenge is a mood (no really, the theme is “mood”). 🤣

Whether we’re happy, sad, lonely, grateful, depressed, hopeful, or stressed, it can be helpful to record our feelings in order to gauge our emotional well-being over a specific period of time. Tracking our moods can also help with seeing patterns and checking in with ourselves regularly.

But while some may find this technique fulfilling and helpful, others may consider it a chore and would rather take each day as it comes.

What is your preference? Do you track your moods on a regular basis?

✏️ P.S. If you find the above statement to be true, let us know how you track your moods in the comments below!

#52SmallThings #CheckInWithMe #CheerMeOn #MentalHealth #Anxiety #Depression #Bipolar2 #Endometriosis #ChronicIllness #Disability #Autism #RareDisease #Caregiving #Cancer

63 reactions 38 comments

This week, I’m proud of myself for…

It's the end of the week, Mighties! We did it. 🏆

What's something you’re proud of yourself for this week? Share your victories in the comments below (and yes, engaging with this post counts as a win!).

#52SmallThings #CheerMeOn #CheckInWithMe #EatingDisorders #Autism #ADHD #ChronicIllness #MentalHealth #Disability #ChronicPain #RareDisease #Parenting #Caregiving #Cancer #MyalgicEncephalomyelitis #Fibromyalgia #Migraine

136 reactions 27 comments

What’s your favorite way to celebrate accomplishments?

When you achieve an accomplishment, it’s OK to be proud of yourself and celebrate — in fact, we highly encourage it. 🥳

Mighty staffer @xokat rarely orders takeout, so she’s a big fan of splurging on one of her favorites: Neapolitan-style pizza, chicken and dumplings, sushi, sour gummy candy, or tacos! She also loves to clear her head after accomplishing something that’s been taking up a lot of brainspace, and will scoop up her dog and drive to a nearby metropark for a leisurely walk on a shaded path.

How do you like to celebrate your wins?

#52SmallThings #MightyPets #Nature #CheckInWithMe #CheerMeOn #Selfesteem #MentalHealth #RareDisease #ChronicIllness #Disability #Cancer #Caregiving #Parenting #ChronicPain #Fatigue

34 reactions 14 comments