For a while now I’m been thinking I had ADHD.
I had a psychiatrist- who just diagnosed me with BPD. But had referred me to the CPN (I’m in UK).
My question is, would it be the psychiatrist or a neurologist that would diagnosed ADHD?
- Every big decision I ever made has been impulsive.
- My house is a mess. If I start cleaning I am all over the place and suddenly I am hyper focusing on some irrelevant detail.
- I have all my life not comprehended how people are able to follow those long boring conversations or meetings. Why is it only me who struggles with this. What’s wrong with these people. Let’s get on with it instead of talking it to death.
- I can read a book, play the piano or play a video game and forget the world exists. Time passes by and I don’t notice. I am on a different planet
- I misplace everything all the time. Find my phone is so helpful. I lose it, and other things several times a day, and I just had it in my hand..
- If it’s not in my calendar or my list it does not exist. I never remember any appointments. Must have alarm reminders.
- I got in trouble a lot for not paying my bills. Luckily it now goes automatic. Unless I get a new bill from a new place. Ooops.
- I could never study in school like the others. Instead of reading I’d go straight to taking previous exams for practice. At night when everything else is quiet. Often only the day before.
- I get up and leave a meeting if I can’t stand it. I pretend to go to the bathroom so I don’t seem rude.
- when things go slow my body hurts out into my fingertips and toes.
- I lose control of my feelings. But when it’s over it’s over.
- out of sight out of mind.
- I always do at least two things at a time.
- I tried so many sports. I quit after my first game or performance then go on to the next.
- i prefer being with kids. They are more action, less talk. Grown ups are so slow…
I am a woman of 38 years old feeling like I am pretending to be an adult. I now have ME/CFS, but could I also have ADD/ADHD?
I turn 29 next month and last week I was diagnosed with ADHD.
I’ve been waffling between relief at finally understanding things about myself and anger/frustration at how long it took to get a diagnosis. And that it took me taking various self-tests to get it, even though I’ve seen numerous psychologists and psychiatrists over the years.
I’m thankful that I’ve read articles on The Mighty here and there over the years, so that I at least knew a place to go to that would help me figure things out.
I think I have undiagnosed ADHD. Not sure because I can’t get a diagnosis but my brain is just a mess. I can’t concentrate, I can’t focus, I can’t work! Nobody understands me and I feel so invalidated constantly. My inability to do anything plus feeling like no one is hearing me, is pulling me back down to a dark place. I’m scared because every time I try to get help or turn it around, I fail and feel worse. I just want to be okay #UndiagnosedADHD
The short version is that, AGAIN, I am on our sofa, with no energy to do anything, feeling stomach cramps, sore neck/head, anxiety, and guilty about the stack of things to do.
The longer version is that I am:
A high school #Teacher
In her 50s
With #Asthma , #Anxiety , #BilateralHearingLoss , probable #IBS ,oh, and very likely #UndiagnosedADHD as well.
Mother to a young autistic daughter.
Not looking for sympathy,just saying that this is what is going on with me.
I have also come through lockdown teaching, major house renovations and a bout of Covid 6 weeks ago.
ALL of which,yes,could have had a lasting or chronic effect.
But, what the actual hell do I do? I have obligations as a teacher, colleague, mother, wife, bill-payer that cannot be ignored: but I am rarely able to get near the bottom of them (or scrape much off the top, frankly.)
I am also crap at self-care routines, but I appreciate any kind of advice on how to get back to the strong, able person I USED to be.
I have anxiety and depression but also wonder if i have maybe adhd? I have trouble focusing and tune people out very easily; i procrastinate until the last possible minute with everything; i can’t seem to keep or stay organized with anything; my memory sucks; even when I’m doing thing i love like reading i get this restless anxiety like how many pages til the end of the chapter i just want to get it done even if I’m enjoying it, and often have to reread pages because i couldn’t remember what i read; i only watch things I’ve seen before because i know i won’t be able to focus on something new. Some days i want to do everything and some days i do absolutely nothing. I get restless but can’t figure out what to do with the restlessness. Could i have adhd or is this just my anxiety and depression? #ADHD #Anxiety #Depression #ADHDInGirls #UndiagnosedADHD
Had a thorough few appointments with a neuropsychologist. FINALLY. After many, many years of turmoil and suffering searching for one; searching for someone to listen and take me seriously. I thought this was finally it.
WHAT do you do, though, when the doctor basically says to you that your SYMPTOMS are causing your symptoms???
Without even realizing it on their own that they’re saying something almost criminally absurd? And then leaves you with nothing. No answers.
I’m just sitting here crying and feeling like I can’t keep going on today… #Depression #Anxiety #ChronicPain #HEDS #EhlersDanlosSyndrome #Fibromyalgia #HashimotosThyroiditis #ThyroidCancer #ChronicMigraineSyndrome #chronicmigraine #BrainFog #SocialAnxiety #MigraineWithAura #DoctorVisit #DoctorShopping ?! #ADHD #AdultADHD #UndiagnosedADHD #ADHDInGirls #Adhdinwomen #Dyscalculia