Now that I have established why I'm so lonely, I don't know that I can change and go back to the anxious, outgoing, funny, thoughtful person I used to be.
My reasons for being lonely right now:
1. I moved away from my hometown for the first time 3 1/2 years ago to AZ, with my husband who is in the military, which turns out to be a terrible place to live.
2. We moved to a neighborhood that is isolated from most usually frequented places.
3. Everytime I try to connect with other spouses it's usually because they need something from you, and I decided to just say no, so that means no one needs you unless you can help them.
https://4.I have no friends here at all and no friends anywhere for that matter that I regularly talk to so I feel extremely disconnected from the world.
5. I'm estranged from everyone in my family, including my only sibling, except for my parents.
6. My spouse is not encouraging or helpful when I ask him his opinion of things, I feel like he doesn't even care, which he doesn't. (We talked about that)
7. I feel like I gave up on my own career and education goals so that I could make sure I'm always available to take care of my girls because I cannot count on my husband to always be there because he's gone all the time. (any appointments, school, sports, activities, etc.)
I am stuck with nowhere to go. I can't leave here because I'm married to my husband and he has to be here but I'm so lonely I don't even know who I am anymore.
#Loneliness #Depression #MilitarySpouse #Parenting #MentalHealth