It’s been a long time…
It's the middle of the month but still Happy Mental Health Awareness Month and Happy Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month! It has been an extremely long time.
Every time I come back on here and say that I'm planning on posting again, it doesn’t happen. So this will be Adela will post whenever she can.
I had some free time today and decided to go on The Mighty. I looked at my profile, reminiscing on some of my posts and thought about what I was experiencing during those times and remembered how therapeutic and helpful posting was for me. I'm wanting to get back into that.
Some (good) personal stuff to share that's occurred in the past year:
1. I started exploring romantic relationships for the first time last year. A friend got me onto a dating app and my experience has been relatively positive.
2. I moved out of my parents house for the first time last July. It was a much needed life change and I'm glad I did it.
3. My therapist moved away last month, so I ended therapy after working with them for 8-9 years. I had concluded 17 years of being in therapy (for now, maybe)
4. This entire time I've continued doing telehealth to provide therapy to my clients. In the past few months we've transitioned back into the office a few days a week, which has generally been better for myself and my clients in the work we do together. Next week the department will be fully going to be back in the office.
5. It's been about a year and three months since I last had a severe depressive episode.
6. I got my first tattoo about 2 months ago despite my parents being against it.
Really trying to get into this adulting stuff 😂
Time has been moving by so quickly. I've been continuing to learn and grow, as I’m sure everyone else here is doing the same. I am hoping to reconnect with some of you and connect with those I have not encountered yet 😊
#MentalHealth #Disability #ChronicIllness #ChronicPain #RareDisease #Parenting #MightyTogether #ADHD #Anxiety #BipolarDisorder #Depression #GeneralizedAnxietyDisorder #selfreflection #Positivity #WhereMyMindIs